Manifold Minolta 7s's

<p>Continuing the theme here posting recent results of my Minolta 7s. I recently replaced the seals and I wanted to try it out on fully 'auto' for a few shots too.<br>

The shots were taken on my lunch hour as it finally warmed almost to 50 degrees loosening winter's grip for a brief moment here in MI. I drove to the town of Plymouth not far from where I work and walked briskly snapping up shots as I encountered them. <br>

I had to recently wipe out and reinstall my operating system on the pc that connects to my scanner; but I can't get the configuration to work properly yet. As such, the scans are at 300 dpi and two are cropped which is reason for image degradation. I've examined the negatives on compositions containing lettering and it is very very legible. I continue to really appreciate this camera and its fixed lens. The CLC function of the meter really handled the several automatic scenes well as some scenes would have been easy to under/over expose; but it came through like a champ! Hope you enjoy and cheers to my fellow Minolta 7s associates!</p><div>00YEzp-333651584.jpg.4dbd05933cde1a910cffc2f17c85c305.jpg</div>

<p>Nice tones and textures. I like the last one in particular: nice lines, angles, and contrasts.</p>

<p>One puzzling thing I keep hearing about Minoltas, both SLRs and rangefinders, is that their light meters only work in AE mode, not in manual mode. Is that true of the 7s?</p>

<p>Camera works in Auto mode, and metre still works in manual mode but of course you<br>

have to manually set aperture and shutter to agree with E.V. shown on metre.<br>

You cannot set aperture priority or shutter priority.<br>

Best regards<br>

/Clay</p>