Old City Market, Bangalore

<p>I replied before you finished posting. While all photos looked good, I especially liked the hand made kerosene stoves. <br>

How do you like the angled shutter release on that camera? None of my cameras have that and the only Praktica I have is a late 50's FX-2 with the 50mm CZ Tessar.</p>

<p>Just to chip in, <strong>Mike</strong>, the placement of the shutter release and the meter/stopdown switch on these Prakticas makes one wonder, "Why do it any other way?" It's so quick and easy, using your left hand for focusing and your right index finger for everything else. I find it far easier than, say, the Spotmatic with the meter switch on the left. The angled release on the Praktica is ergonomically very practical.</p>

<p>Thanks <strong>Mike G</strong>; I have the Praktica Nova series and the L-series cameras. Both series have the angled shutter release. Very convenient and avoids the camera tilt as it presses the camera body against your cheek bone. Strangely, the B-series does not have this; possibly they thought that the electronic shutter does not need the same pressure as the mechanical one. Adding to <strong>Rick</strong>'s comment, the early Pentax, Petri, etc., had similar shutter release knobs. Thanks <strong>Michael D</strong>, I have had the good fortune bring several Prakticas back to good working condition. Back in the 'Sixties I could not afford to buy one. Now, they are very affordable. SP.</p>

<p>That's a clean looking MTL3, <strong>SP</strong>. For some reason the black enamel fill for those letters always seems to be missing in whole or part. At least yours is completely clear so it has a neater look to it.<br>

It's so very nice to see the hustle of the market and applaud your'e getting close to the action like that. It really transfers the sense of being there.</p>

<p>Outstanding post. Interesting detail. Very inspiring to see and think about.<br>

And all shot with the 50mm Tessar! My friend and I were just talking about that lens formula---I was just using the new-to-me 45mm 2.8 pancake Nikkor--it's a tessar. I just printed one 8x10--wonderful soft tones with beautiful gradation. I would love see more of your pictures!</p>

<p>Really enjoy your "walks" SP, and it is great to see you capturing a side of India that may be dissapearing. All too often we ignore the everyday around us, so keep up the good work. Primus was indeed a Swedish company, and I still have a Primus gas stove that I use for camping. Don't know if I would be keen on using a home made kerosene pressure cooker!<br>

Tony</p>