Holding a photography exhibition

riz

Hello,

I am not a great or professional photographer, I just want to express myself by holding a photography exhibition.

I have decided to do that in the genre of photography as an art.

Anyone gone through this? What it takes to hold exhibition i.e. from conception to finish.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Regards,

Riz

<p>It takes:<br>

a space<br>

some pictures<br>

some people<br>

Do you have any of those?<br>

A space can be a gallery or a coffee shop or...?<br>

Do you have photos printed and mounted and framed, the number depends on the space<br>

Do you have any ideas of how to get people to visit your space, publicity, facebook, postcards, etc?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thank you Charles :)</p>

<p>a space: Couple of art galleries exhibit work</p>

<p>some pictures: Yes (but not based on any theme/idea)</p>

<p>some people: That won't be a problem</p>

<p>Do you have any of those?</p>

<p>A space can be a gallery or a coffee shop or...?</p>

<p>Do you have photos printed and mounted and framed, the number depends on the space: Not now, but will certainly get them mounted.</p>

<p>Do you have any ideas of how to get people to visit your space, publicity, facebook, postcards, etc?: Yes, from the art gallery side and my personal marketing also.</p>

<p>But I think it is more than the questions above.</p>

<p>There's a big difference between getting your work into an art gallery and getting it onto the walls of a coffee shop.</p>

<p>If you're intent on the gallery route, I suggest you read Cay Lang's book "Taking the Leap" it's an excellent introduction to the world of the art gallery and showing there.</p>

<p>You must have a first-quality portfolio of work, preferably on/in a single theme or idea. It helps to have a strong professional web site to back that up, in case a gallery owner wants to see more than what's in your book. And it helps to have some history in showing/selling photographs. Gallery owners mostly aren't interested in hanging work they aren't sure will sell.</p>

<p>Good luck,<br>

<Chas><br /><br /></p>