CFL Filters and Frozen Film

<p>I have two questions. I gave a cursory search through past threads and although I came teasingly close I failed to find an answer to either.</p>

<p>My first question is................ What is the recommended filter for photography on film under CFL lighting? Should I approach it as a standard flourescent?</p>

<p>And Two.............. What is the recommended time one should allow to "thaw out" film that has been stored in a freezer?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks for the responses.<br>

So I guess I will be safe if I allow a day after the freezer to alleviate any moisture issue as a result of condensation, right?<br>

Also, Bob.....thanks for the link. I went there and it appears that what you are saying is that the new CFLs are no different than standard flourescent light bulbs? I'm aware of the color correction needed for those, I just wondered if the new curly CFLs require a different filter, they seem a bit warmer than traditional straight tube flourescents.</p>

<p>Thanks Steve. I'm trying not to use a flash and there will be no "post". It'll simply be shot on print film so I was just trying to find out if I should filter the same way I normally would for standard flourescent tubes or if anyone has found a filter that seems to work better with the new CFLs.</p>

<p>Here is a paper giving Kodak's recommendations:<br>

<a href="http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/products/techInfo/e30/e30.pdf">http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/products/techInfo/e30/e30.pdf</a></p>

<p>From a freezer at 0 F. 1.5 hours for 35mm film, 1 hour for a roll of 120.</p>

<p>Me, I take my film out of the freezer the night before I need it and let it sit on the kitchen counter until the next morning. Then I either load it in the camera or put it in my camera bag.</p>

<p>If I lived in a humid environment, I would be concerned about condensation on cold film. IF the temperature of the film is below the dew point, and IF the air inside your camera is as humid as the air outside, and IF moisture condenses on the emulsion side of film in the camera gate, and IF you wind that film to the take-up spool while it is still wet, then it MIGHT cause some ferotyping or blocking (film sticks to itself). The only time I ever had problems was when I was wading in a creek and stepped into a hole deep enough to get the exposed film in my pockets wet. One of the three rolls had some minor ferotyping.</p>