anyone have Exp. making Slide Shows?

<p>I have been wanting to create a slide show for a while...so I got program called Photo Story 3 for windows...<br>

it has great fading features...but since my son scanned the pictures in too small..they are low quality...so<br>

I will rescan them again...but since it takes so much time to make it...I would like to know what other programs<br>

people have used so I won't waste my time on bad program...<br>

I also have Roxio Creator 9 XE and Nero 7 essentials...but have not used either one yet...<br>

also I have been researching what is best size to scan photos.....I got no larger than 800 x 600....72 pixels...<br>

but I just want a program where the avg Bride can go net and see slide show....<br>

thanks David G</p>

<p>There are many good products. You could also monitor the website "GiveAwayOfTheDay.com". They have free software titles every day, and frequently have slide show software. I like the Magix (.com) products. I also use Adobe Premiere, but like PhotoShop, there is bit of a learning curve. They are easy to use and can output to many different formats. Depending on what you are doing, Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple KeyNote are good products too... often us photographers forget about what's already in the cupboard.</p>

<p>I also thought of powerpoint but was thinking it is more of a business office tool...but maybe not...<br>

some good suggestions...I will go look at the jalbum and the GiveAwayOfTheDay.com......<br>

so I can even do slide shows in Photoshop.?....I didn't know that either.....ok...got some work to do....<br>

here is a guy in my area who does a really nice slide show presentation....I hope he doesnt mind<br>

me showing it here....is his link......I also like the one of engagements...great music.....<br>

http://www.christopherdenk.com/index2.php?ver=v1 </p>

<p>I have used the following site in the past to review the slideshow software out there - they do a good job of looking at the tools every year<br /><a href="http://photo-slideshow-software-review.toptenreviews.com/">http://photo-slideshow-software-review.toptenreviews.com/</a><br />In the past I've done a dozen or so shows using ProShow, and now use ProShow Gold. I like it - lot of features and easy to add music / narrative.</p>

<p>Unless the software to view these slide shows is embedded within your website and the viewer can only view it there, you'll need to pick software that most people are likely to already have. Few people want to deal with the hassle of downloading software just to view a file, and even fewer will be willing to pay for it.</p>

<p>Hang on - I'm not sure that's true Jay. As an example, when I do a slide show with ProShow you just download one file with the whole show, including the executable. A viewer definitely does not need to have ProShow on their computer. With most of these tools you can also create outputs such as a web-based video file, that could be you-tubed, posted to a personal website or just emailed. The publishing / sharing analysis on the link I sent shows how to publish the results, I believe.</p>

<p>Another vote for Photodex Pro Show Gold. I tried a few of the free programs and they work, but if you want on screen quality with good sound and effects you'll have to pay (at least in my experience). You can download a trial and that will show you the difference.</p>

<p>Picasa (free from Google) does great slide shows - 1 button click after you load your pictures in a folder. I still do most of my post processing in Picasa so it's a no-brainer for me to make slideshows. Push the slideshow button, set how long I want each to stay on and then enjoy it.</p>