Any Pentax film shooters out there?

asimrazakhan

<p>Although I have several Pentax SLR's ( my original Spotmatic from 1968, a Super Program and a ZX-M ), the only 35mm Pentax that I've used lately is a UC-1 that I bought for travel use about 15 years ago. Very small, fully automated and a great lens; some of my best B&W scans are from C-41 negatives that were shot with this camera. I use it every once in a while, but it takes forever to finish a roll of film. One thing that I have found interesting is that, although I have overcome my economical film shooting habits when shooting digital, I revert back to them as soon as I have a film camera in my hands.<br>

I would have bought a 645 or larger Pentax, but have a Mamiya 645 outfit, most of which was given to me, and have the use of an RZ-67 that I bought for my daughter when she was in grad school. Right now, digital is the best for me, with the occasional MF film excursion and the UC-1 when in the mood. The roll of film that's in the ZX-M is easily over a year in there. One of my goals is to shoot more MF film, but really don't think much about 35mm film anymore.</p>

<p>Yep, but only 6x45 black and white with the rare but occassional role of Provia 100F every now and then. </p>

<p>A lot of us still shoot film, but it's not our primary medium. </p>

<p>I have a ton of provia 35mm in my freezer that I need to use for cross processing before Target stops processing C41, my understanding is they rarely give anyone a hard time processing slide in C41 emulsions. I don't find a lot of value in shooting 35mm, 645 gives a lot more overhead, and if I want compact I have an assortment of very nice compact DSLRs or point and shoots. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Steve, I stand corrected! He never did use the word "Pre-visualization" However, <em>to clarify</em>, my interpretation of his words was understood that one must visualize the photograph before you make the photograph, hence my reduction in the phrase to "pre-visualization" since one should visualize before you actualize. I did not <em>quote</em> the man, I simply boiled down his words to something that has stuck with me.</p>

<p>We could also use our lazer pointers to colour our visualisations in cinema theatres as well. Did I miss anything? ;-)</p>

<p>Cheers!</p>

<p>Let's see, I have a Super Program, a P30t, a MZ-S, a ZX-7, ZX-50 and a few others to compliment, not replace, my K100D, K20D, and K-X. :) The MZ-S in particular is a gorgeous, wonderfuly accurate little beastie. I adore film and will never give it up until the day they stop making it - may it never come.</p><div>00Y3Vr-322583684.jpg.aa01e2373ad47a0c032cc1506f3fa00d.jpg</div>

<p>Well I guess I'm going to shoot some film. I found a roll that was given to me a little while back. So I got my K1000 out of the closet been there about 4 years. The meter still works , and while testing it noticed that it had a new roll on it. So I'm sure it's out of date.I've decided to have some fun and shoot both rolls tho I will probably shoot a digital with it. I'm curios to see how it turns outwith the unknown film. all I know is it is an ISO of 200. this should be a ball,We are expecting another snow this week . be a good chance to use the unknown roll. this K1000 was bought about 31 years ago. So I am impressed with the quality Pentax built in this camera.</p>