Ford Model A Classic

<p>Whatever the model, nice pics, but you are violating the implicit social contract here by not posting at least a tiny picture of the camera used. ;)</p>

<p>The Model T was sold in a truck version, and this appears very similar to some of what turns up in a Google image search for "Model T truck"</p>

<p>As you can see in Paul's photo, the bed on the factory T model was made of steel or sheet metal. I know that many of the T models were sold as a cab and chasis, and the owners built the bed to fit their own needs. That is why I speculated about it being a home made bed.</p>

<p>As has been pointed out, it's a Model T. My Dad has 2 of them, drives them about 10,000 miles a year, and works on them for a living, so I see them a lot when I visit him for lunch.</p>

<p>Depsite the fact that it has a bed, I can't say whether it's a truck or not. The actual Model T Trucks had a worm gear rear-end, which gave them a very very low top-speed.... I don't recall the exact number but Googling around says 15-20 MPH. They could haul a huge load due to the very low gearing of the worm-gear rear-end, but not fast. So they are less desirable than the standard Model T's with their 35 MPH cruise speed.</p>

<p>For those who haven't ridden in a Model T Ford, they're strange. Low gear is like first in low-range in a Jeep, and high gear is about like 3rd gear in a modern car. So a driver winds the engine way out in low, and then the car just *barely* is able to pull high gear, assuming level ground. They also lack a clutch, but they're not an automatic. They have a planetary transmission, and low is engaged by holding a pedal down. Release the pedal, and the transmission defaults into high-gear.</p>

<p>What color was it? I doesn't look black.<br>

I hope somone didnt change the oigonal color. <br>

I know Henry Ford said the Model T was available in any color the customer wanted , as long as it was Black.</p>

<p>Anyway , they are all great shots, except for number 2, they all look like they could be period shots found in an old camera. I like Shot number one the best.</p>

<p>As for being available only in black, that was only the case after 1914 when they switched to black only because the faster drying time of black paint helped to speed up the assembly line. Before 1914 the T was available in red, green or black. </p>