Monitor Question...

er1

<p>You need to be more specific, at least telling the screen size.<br />E.g. I have a Sharp Aquous Quadcolor 46" LCD/LED 1920 x 1080, and use a Samsung LED LCD 55" 1920 x 1080 monitors, and also Sony Vaio 16.4" laptops that have the same 1920 x 1080 resolution.<br />Vaio provides crisp text and pictures that is much better as a computer screen than the large TVs, while the other 2 TVs are not that great with reproducing computer images. The HDMI output is OK on large screens when vieing them across a room. Laptop screen is great while sitting in front of it.<br />I also use a 28" LCD monitor at resolution 1920 x 1200 or higher, for computer screen output via DVI or VGA output on all laptops, and HDMI video 1080 or 720 HD playback directly from Nikon DSLR cameras and HD camcorders via HDMI output. I do not have to use reading glasses with 28, 46 and 55" LCD screens, but I use glasses with 16.4 " screen.<br>

<br />Generally huge monitors are not that great for use as computer screen, but as always generalizations do not apply to all cases, and it depend on the way how they are used, e.g. screen repaint rate for gaming or HD video, color precision and ability to adjust, pixels size versus viewing distance, etc..</p>

<p>You need to see it yourself what you like.</p>

<p>"Generally huge monitors are not that great for use as computer screen"</p>

<p>Remember the days of portable TV. Those 5 inch B&W television sets sure came with a nice picture. Usually the smaller the screen the better the resolution(according to our eyes) . I recently purchased a moderately expensive NEC 22" LCD monitor that came with cailbrating software. It was supposed to replace my old Dell CRT 17" monitor. When I compare the 2 monitors, the CRT not only holds its own, it is better for viewing pages that are not HD such as the WEB.</p>