18% Grey paint codes and other reccomendations fordigital darkroom walls

<p>Anybody have any paint codes for 18% grey? Para paint is preferable, but will take whatever I can get.</p>

<p>Any other color recomendations would be great and photos of your digital darkrooms for ideas... as I have just Drywalled and primed mine!</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>

Two formula's I've archived for gray (not any gray paint will work or is spectrally neutral!):<br /><br />Go to your local PPG Paint dealer (PPG used to be known as Pittsburgh Paint<br />and Glass) and have them mix up the following formula:<br /><br />1 gallon Interior Latex Flat Pastel Base 80-110<br />B-12 L-36 O-3<br />This will make one gallon of Munsell #8 gray wall paint.<br /><br />And:<br /><br />Surround Recommendations:<br />N-7 Paint Formula<br />Recommended for interior walls<br />Behr Paint available at Home Depot<br />Base – Premium Plus Interior Flat (1500A) pastel base<br />Formula <br /><br />Colorant OZ 48 96<br />B Lamp black 0 15 1<br />I Brown oxide 0 3 1<br />T Medium Yellow 0 1 1<br /><br />Recommended for the metal walls of a SpectraLight booth<br />Polyurethane<br />Sherwin Williams <br />Tel: 201-933-3800<br />Formula F63VXA3082-4350<br /><br />GTI, the people who make light boxes also sell a premixed paint they claim is spectrally neutral. <a href="http://www.gtilite.com/accessories-ga.htm" target="_blank">http://www.gtilite.com/accessories-ga.htm</a>

</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Ditto Ellis. Color greatly effects thought and mood. It seemed like a great idea at the time, but I can't stand 18 or 12% grey rooms. You'll soon find you wont be very interested in getting to work and will probably dampen your creative spirit. I'd re-think the idea, myself.</p>

<p>i work 40hr + a week in here.. if it was all neutral gray i think i would have jump over a bridge a long time ago ; )</p>

<p>You dont *need* to work in the dark, with a neutral gray wall, dress in black... a simple neutral color like white, or even a creamier version of white will do perfectly. Dress like whatever you like, and use Solux lamp or similar AND to a normal level light.. a level where you can easily read a news paper, or find your missing eye contact.. a digital darkroom should be a place you want to work in.. not a prison hole look alike ; )</p>

<p> </p>