To part with unused gear or not....

<p>Steve T: sell the K1000 (because some people will buy it for more than it's worth) and buy something just as small but with more useful features.</p>

<p>James: I suppose it depends on which cameras. Who's to know, though? Lenses will always have a minimum value, but bodies can fall through the floor.</p>

<p>Digital isn't a fad, that we do know. But film usage might increase a little, putting light pressure upwards on film camera prices. Not that much, though.</p>

<p>I haven't sold anything. I really should though. The problem is that the price difference between what I have, and what I'd like to have is pretty big. I'd have to sell multiple lenses to get the money for just one replacement.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Trouble is, a lot of the lenses I have and don't use much are $2~$10 "T" mount preset teles, just not worth it to try to sell. If I paid more for a lens it's because I wanted/needed it more. Even so, some of the more expensive lenses didn't get used as much as I thought and so I did finally wind up selling then at a camera show. I managed to get about 75% back on what I paid and was happy with that ratio.</p>

<p>Are you suggesting that I should get rid of my old Scientific American magazines, some of which are 50 years old, and are somewhere in my garage? It took me years to build up the resolve to dump my old betamax recordings, even though I haven't a working player in 20 years. I would keep more but wife stubbornly insists that one slot of our three car garage should be devoted to her auto.</p>

<p>I just moved from a house with a big basement, an attic, and a garage to an apartment. in I gave away all my darkroom stuff and a lot of cameras and lenses. I have some film keepers left that I'll probably end up selling or giving away. I sold a big print drying rack to a gardener who wanted it for drying flowers! I gave a bunch of cameras to an artist who wanted to make a sculptural assembelage. I kept a rare stereo camera that ought to go to a museum. They'll have to pry my panoramic film camera from my cold, dead hands.<br>

AZ</p>