Help solve Ghosting Problem 70-200 2.8L and Rebel

<p>I am getting some horrible images using a Canon 70-200 2.8L Lens and the original digital Rebel. It seems to be worst at 200mm and infinity. Can you help me understand this? Is it the lens, the camera, or the combo? I think it's what you call ghosting. If it's a lens issue, can this be repaired? I never had any issues like this back when I used film with the same lens but that was years ago. I'll try to upload a closely cropped photo with this post.</p><div>00Xmu4-307955684.JPG.fcbb05d21ea950839ecbad94a5a38435.JPG</div>

<p>Try the lens on another camera on a tripod. Then try your camera with another lens shooting the same subject and all setting and conditon being the same if you can. Check out the resulting photos and see if the problem stays with the camera or follows the lens.</p>

<p>This should help with getting in the right direction to finding what is wrong. Let us know what you find.</p>

<p>Jason</p>

<p>I am pretty sure that the Rebel 300D does not have safety shift. But it has been a while since I used that camera. That was nearly 4 cameras ago....</p>

<p>Since you seem to be getting worse results at 200mm, and the ghosting/blurr does seem to be directional, I would wonder if you are trying to use IS while mounted on a tripod. However you did not say you had the IS version of the lens, so most likely not the case. </p>

<p>Jason</p>