Pictures

LineMartel

<p>Line, I feel that the second photo is not quite as surrealistic looking as the first. I've had several Nikon DSLRs, but I've never had results quite like that. I looked at the EXIF data you offered, but I don't see any glaring reason why your photos should look like they do. Have you asked Nikon technical support about it?</p>

<p>(Too late to edit.)</p>

<p>I am not in any way critiquing your photography. By all means, shoot, learn, and shoot some more. (Don't forget to enjoy yourself.)<br>

I chimed in because you are using the new Nikon D7000. I have read some stuff about PQ (picture quality.) and it made me curious.<br>

Try turning off D-Lighting completely, Adobe color space instead of sRB. I am kind of partial to the "Natural" mode setting when I don't want to fiddle and fool.</p>

<p>Even when I take a rather bland/throwaway pic, by looking at the colors and shapes, I can usually manage to crop a portion that really looks good. There is always a "picture within a picture."</p>

<p>Actually only the shots of buildings turned out that way and I am starting to think that Lex is right about these buildings. Shots of older buildings like city hall etc. taken at the same time look normal and shots of these buildings with cars on the street, well the buildings look "unreal" but not the cars. I will try with D-lighting off this weekend.<br>

Thanks for all the input</p>