Chemical Cameras

jim_peterson2

<p>Ah... hadn't really thought of that. In my mind it has more to do with chemistry or alchemy than anything toxic. But if enough people have the same reaction I would certainly consider changing it. So far I've had lots of feedback on a couple other forums and no one but you has said anything negative about the title; although I know some folks simply choose to remain silent when they have negative opinions about something... Anyway, if I did change it I'm not sure what I would change it to. "Film Cameras" is very plain and boring. "Analog Cameras" is way over used... </p>

• 3 weeks later...

<blockquote>

<p>The word "chemical" to indicate <a href="../website-creation-forum/00XhF3" target="_blank">film</a> cameras/usage does a DISservice to film usage/users. 'Sounds highly toxic, like a headline for a "green" article. Kindly change the name. Thank you.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Opinions vary. Most folks know 'toxic' and 'chemical' don't necessarily go together. I like the name, and think it's apt and quite descriptive...much better and more accurate than "analog cameras". I grew up elbow deep in developer, fixer, and hypo. There are no smells quite like glacial acetic acid or sepia and brown (sulfide) toners.</p>