Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #10

joshroot

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>So I have been viewing this effort since it started, but have yet to post, so here is one from last Thursday at the AZ State Fair. BTW, they have some excellent photos on display in their expostion building. Lots of Grand Canyon, Sedona, and cowboy shots. This is one of the four big wheels going at the fair. Something about Ferris wheels that catches my fancy.<br>

<br />Canon 7D with Canon 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM lens at ISO 160 F6.3 forgot the shutter speed.</p><div>00XZzf-295687584.jpg.02cb53e99909be3c2aa68fe4788f134b.jpg</div>

<p>Here we go -- photos from pages 2-4 that especially caught my eye:</p>

<p>Jeff P. - sushi, wry smile, all line up and ready for digestive action!<br>

Mark K - balloon in seeming peril; just black & white. Excellent.<br>

VK R - running along the shoreline/river edge and the bridge, tranquil, superb, brings memories (of when I was a runner).<br>

Dan F - blue bird of colored water & reflection, sublime but want a bit more contrast for the featured aerial star<br>

Mike N - you win with that textured, toned shot as if it were 1880<br>

Kerri - funny & cute, though somewhat washed out<br>

Alan S - more color and contrast, more post processing to really bring out the beauty there?<br>

Brendan - reminds me of the monster films (which I loved) DISTRICT 9 or CLOVERFIELD<br>

B Chris. - great fox photo!<br>

Scott F - diner, wet parking lot, superb! Dramatic.<br>

Karen W - humorous juxtaposition of statue and mansion with a lovely blue sky<br>

DeLoyd - mysterious, swampy, spooky -- cool effect over the river<br>

Wayne E - scout badge, there it is! Pretty cool and I know little to nothing about that.<br>

Mike D - patented person shot, close up in profile, super thin DOF and nice<br>

James J - hazy moon and you got the nice, extra contrasty effects, neat.<br>

Ervin - red grass or something close-up; would you frame this? Fun.<br>

J P - evil smiling low key pumpkins, tres seasonal and another spooky shot.<br>

Thom P - squash in wood crate and 1 outside; don't see much in the way of comp going on here. Unsure as to how to "take this in"; look for another angle<br>

DL A - super texture and it's really hard to determine exactly what it is--cracked, rocky canyon wall?<br>

Jeff Sp. - that blue next to puppeteer is pretty cool; neat expression, excellent portrait<br>

Indy - a bit underexposed on your main subject, still a good effort and nice direct angle from you on him<br>

Jim S - grapes, color leaves, vineyards - either syrah or pinot noir? Compositionally, this one too would seem to bear improvement -- either get the grapes in the frame or really focus on the leaves.<br>

David H - proud young gal smiling so well (she still on her horse?) Perfect isolation of your subject and bravo! 200 mm 2L lens, so competently used.</p>

<p>I guess I didn't skip any images then on those pages, no ruffled feathers I hope ;-) Cheers, Ken <strong> (Go Giants!)</strong></p>

<p>Late but not forgotten. We just came back from the Ozarks today. Tree color wasn't there yet but took a side trip to a small lake near where we were staying and got a few shots. Kind of another quickie. Some nice shots here this week....!</p><div>00Xa32-295753584.jpg.9c11195230f3e4e5e41be14e405e8002.jpg</div>

<p>From pages 5 and on, photos that REALLY caught my eye:<br /> <br />Jeff B -- ghoul! Love it and the zombie color.<br /> Dan Park - face off, excellent, yin-yang. Just two colors really.<br /> Nathan G - another winner from you with your 4-image stack. excellent, excellent.<br /> David R. - very pretty tiny falls would really benefit from some digital framing.<br /> Tomek - that works, night time in the city with water and boats, classic and two tones again.<br /> DS M - flipping jet skis, contra-punctual? <br /> Robin - sub interior, I like this sort of stuff a lot<br /> Philip W - where is Ha Ling? I love the fog moving thru in the middle.<br /> Randy R - bag stage at the Indy race scene, I like this stuff too - location?<br /> Rob B - swimming pool, basic, simple, I think your style, three colors<br /> Lupo - humorous solitary blade, just like the one-win only for the Rangers! LOL. (sorry)<br /> Horse - Zen dual lights, i.e., "Hello!"<br /> Roger E - Ferris wheel framed by the blue & white of the sky, excellent.<br /> Dan South - lady with large white lens on the football field at 8 yd. line; nice comp.<br /> Nick D - colorful leaves for the N. hemisphere. Super. Simple.<br /> David Wu - brilliant blue reflection, somewhat off-balance in the frame, but a great capture.<br /> Philip L - serene sunrise with angles and nice thirds comp.<br /> Marc S. - Sharp like your name this sculpture and city with infinite DOF; the toning (all natural?) is really cool.<br /> Mark K - the girl in the art looks fairly real!<br /> Tuan - brilliant color.<br /> Matthew - (last) double rainbow, you go!<br /> <br />See you in a few days. Think about philosophical existentialism in the meantime maybe and how you can work it in your photography, I try… LOL.-Ken <br>

(last week's Nikon ended up at 98, here we are at 103)</p>