Book "Way Beyond Monochrome: 2nd Edition"

steve_t.1

<p>Does anyone have this book and if so, can you offer some of your thoughts on it? 'Tis a bit on the pricey side and before I jump in I just want to hear your thoughts. Thanks!<br>

"Way Beyond Monochrome: 2nd Edition", By Ralph Lambrecht and Chris Woodhouse, published by Focal Press.<br>

<a href="http://www.focalpress.com/books/photography/way_beyond_monochrome_2e.aspx">http://www.focalpress.com/books/photography/way_beyond_monochrome_2e.aspx</a></p>

<p>If this message needs to move to another board, please let me know.</p>

<p>I received the latest edition of "Way Beyond Monochrome" a few weeks ago. It is a very through treatment of B&W film and printing. I have not had time to read it and digest it, as there is a lot of content.<br>

In general, well worth the price. www.apug.org has a long series of threads discussing it, so you might want to paw through that web site.<br>

One of my better purchases.</p>

<p>Thank you, Kris, I will look at the site you mentioned.</p>

<p>After I wrote this message I read through the book description again at the Focal Press site- is it accurate to say the book, as extensive as it is, concentrates mainly on film? I'm pure digital capture and inkjet prints. Will I get my money's worth if I'm just a digital photographer, or are my funds better spent elsewhere?</p>

<blockquote>I'm pure digital capture and inkjet prints. Will I get my money's worth if I'm just a digital photographer, or are my funds better spent elsewhere?</blockquote>

<p>The book does cover hybrid processes for black and white, but its main focus is on film and darkroom processes for making, toning, and displaying images. It is a great book with a lot of information in it but it is more aimed at film processes.</p>