Missing photos with a Rebel XS/Transcend SD HC 8 GB disk

aa

<p>Hello,<br>

I had about ~6 GB worth of photos on a 8 GB disk when they "disappeared". Someone offered to take pictures of our family, I setup the shot, handed them the camera and I think that they pushed some "extra" buttons.<br>

Anyway, I noticed that when I hooked the camera up to the computer that I was missing 1 days worth of photos (~200 pics) and the previous photos that were on the camera were no longer visible (I've already downloaded the vast majority of pics). However, when I continued to take pictures and also when I checked the amount of space remaining left on the disk - the camera said there was only ~2 GB left.<br>

cliff notes - I think that there are pictures on the 8 GB disk, but I can't "see" them or download them.<br>

What is my least expensive solution?<br>

Sincerely,<br>

Andrew Albright<br>

<a href="mailto:albrigh_1999@yahoo.com">albrigh_1999@yahoo.com</a></p>

<p>This happened to me a few years ago and I had to use an image recovery program to recover my missing shots. Although subsequent checks did not show any faults with that particular CF card at the time I found that each time I used the card several shots were corrupted. I got rid of the card.</p>