An OM1 in London

John Seaman

<p>Last Thursday my son and myself had a day out in London, which started inauspiciously when the coach was half an hour late, and the rain when we got there was torrential. We started in the West End, went to the National Gallery, walked through Soho (by which time the rain had stopped) then to Tower Bridge. I decided to take the OM'1 as whilst it's classic status can hardly be disputed, it has TTL exposure and is not difficult to use.</p><div>00XOZf-285867584.thumb.jpg.aaffc599859e96c232cd520452cb2a2e.jpg</div>

<p>The National Gallery is staggeringly large, I agree. My wife and I spent nearly 3 hours there a couple years ago during out 10 day stay in London, and we emerged feeling like we'd only seen about 5% of the paintings, if that. It is for sure at the top of my list when we return to London hopefully sooner than later!! Thanks for the London photos, I love that city more than any other. And carrying around your nice little Olympus OM1 is a pleasure, I'm sure. I'd love to shoot film in London but the logistics of bringing film over, and then wanting to shoot around 20 rolls of slides while I'm there, is a little too much for me, so I'll stick with digital.</p>

<p>Really nice 'photo essay.'</p>

<p>I was just talking earlier today with a OM-1 owner. A true classic and one that definitely belongs on this forum.</p>

<p>(And thanks for throwing in the picture. Sure we know what it looks like, but another picture of it is always welcome, and there are sometimes 'newbies' to the oldies that don't know :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the comments which are much appreciated as always. The film was Fujicolor C200 processed at a local lab. Strangely I didn't feel nervous about shooting in Soho (or anywhere else) - everyone seemed in too much of a hurry to bother. Here are another couple of shots.</p><div>00XOhk-285985684.jpg.27f29ba1ba97ca480c5ca928fa36be84.jpg</div>

<p>Wonderful post with outstanding photos, John. All of the pictures are superb, but the picture of the bridge is amazing and it's one that I can't imagine any current gear could take any better. The OM-1 is a beautiful classic camera and a joy to use, and your example is a fine looking one. Thanks for a great post!</p>

I have to agree with the others magnificent colors and excellent street shots! You seem to capture the teeming life of a great city from it's heart! There'S so much Oly activity here! This is one "system" I've been able to avoid at least until now!

Oh great Photo gravure Gods let this cup pass.. thine will be done!!