Not a bad day at the flea market....

jodys

<p>I hadn't checked out this particular market in over a year, but I'm glad I went yesterday. The 2 Spotmatics work, as does one of the Canonets and one of the Tarons. The Signet 35 is pristine, as is the Minolta A. The rest is hit-and-miss, some of them are paperweights but they were at the lower end of the value scale anyway; the better ones are fixable, with some TLC.</p>

<p>I also picked up a complete, working, Jobo CPE 2 processor kit for $5. All in all, a pretty good day.</p><div>00XLHZ-283351584.jpg.1a57c440da47e0332524833b46f4df83.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p> Sounds like you should be congratulated equally for your ability to sneak it into the house.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> Sounds like you should be congratulated equally for your ability to <em>lift</em> that parcel of weighty cameras. Nice Haul for a fiver. The Spotties alone would be well worth it.</p>

<p>Jody - I'd be willing to take these off your hand for $10. Think about it, you'd be getting a 100% return on your investment! Seriously, excellent find. Glad these were found by someone who will appreciate them and use them. Looking forward to seeing some test shot results. </p>

<p>My total outlay was closer to $200, much more than I usually spend in a morning flea market junket. The spotties are for sale, or will be soon (have a good one w/1.4 already), and if all goes well the Jobo alone should more than cover my cash outlay. </p>

<p>I've tried several Canonets without being overly impressed, I'm hoping the original is more to my taste. The Welmy-Six is for me, as is the Minolta A. The Samoca and Tarons should probably go on ebay, and possibly the Wirgin and Baldamatic 1 (both pretty damn cute, though!). The Kodak Signet 35 lists at $100-150 in my KcKeown, but lately auction results are disappointing. I might keep that too. I'm not a Kodak collector by any means, even if I do have a Retina 1 (010) I'm rather fond of.</p>

<p>Looks like you found a Royal/Ogikon/Wirgin 19E.<br>

<br />Those are a bit ugly, but they have surprisingly good lenses. I have a Wirgin 19E with Tominon f 1.9. The lens has fungus, but it still makes real nice images in the right lighting conditions-- low light, or evening street photos. Here's one:<br>

<br /><a title="evening, WTC on Keelung Rd. by Scott Cog, on Flickr" href=" evening, WTC on Keelung Rd. src="http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1059/1471773521_c8aae7d3fa.jpg" alt="evening, WTC on Keelung Rd." width="339" height="500" /></a><br />evening at the World Trade Center, Taipei</p>

<p>That looks like $200 well-spent, at a flea-market obviously much more productive than the ones in my area. My chances of slipping a collection like that into the domestic environment without detection would be pretty slim, though I've been considering building a "holding pen" among the tools in the garden shed ..... Well done, Jody S.</p>

<p>As my recent post pointed out, the local flea market sellers (here in NY state) have smartened up thanks to the WWW. I'm lucky to see a few broken 35MM AF SLRs, and the ubiquitous Brownie Hawkeyes (which for some reason many sellers think are valuable). If I made a haul like yours, I'd retire from camera shopping. Congratulations!</p>

<p>I had a Baldamatic not too long ago but I sold it after not using it much. Now I wish I had it back. They're surprisingly nice little cameras with a pretty decent lens. Your day at the flea market looks like it was a day from heaven! I would love to find half of that stuff all at one time. Congrats!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Double your money: I'll give you 10 bucks for the Jobo.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Generous offer, thanks, I'll consider it. :P</p>

<p>Actually, I have a batch of Agfa C41 chemicals (500ml) and a box of expired Vericolor HC 8x10. I'm thinking I'm not going to sell this thing before I get a chance to try it out.</p>