What to wear?

sw12dz

<p>My wife's cousin got married this past weekend. Thankfully, another relative was asked to be the wedding photgrapher and he obliged. However, I was asked to arrive a couple of hours early and bring along one of my "old film cameras" in order to shoot some photos of the bride and groom in B&W.</p>

<p>For the past month my wife pondered over the question of what to wear? I, on the other hand, had many a restless night thinking about what gear I should take to the shoot. I have quite an assortment of Canon FD cameras and lenses which I shoot on a regular basis and enjoy using, but I met the wedding photographer several months ago at the bride and groom's engagement party and I knew that he was going to be shooting with the latest DSLR offering from Canon. Even if I showed up with a pristine Canon F1n SLR (1976) and a few choice lenses, I was still going to be forever known as the poor relation who could not afford a decent digital camera!</p>

<p>A bit of one upmanship is what was needed. I put the Canon FD gear back in the camera bag and got out the trusty Rolleiflex 2.8E. The wedding photographers primary tool in years gone by. Mated with a Metz 45 CL-4 flash and mine was definitely bigger than his!</p>

<p>Needless to say, I had a lot of fun shooting a few rolls of Delta 100 Saturday afternoon and had a lot of comments (all positive) on my choice of camera. What I was surprised at was the number of young people (20-30 year olds) who had never seen a TLR (why should I be surprised) and asked if they could look into the waist level finder.</p>

<p>Attached is a photo of my rig and one of the shots that I had a lot of fun both taking and in post processing.</p>

<p> </p><div>00XBCJ-274615584.jpg.2c31be9b966b22c8d4d86f850fe57481.jpg</div>

<p>Hah, Bigger is Better as always!<br>

Nice shot too, though if you used photoshop or another program to add the vintage effect, I would've feathered the edges of the vignette a bit more. But that's just my personal taste.</p>

<p>To echo Cliff, let's see some more pictures.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Well done Stuart! <br>

I was faced with a similar choice this weekend, but I took the low road and went with my /whisper DSLR / whisper<br>

Did have a pleasant conversation with the wedding photographer about her RZ67 kit. Not often you see a wedding photographer who still shoots film these days.</p>

<p>When my younger brother graduated from 8th Grade I knew the photographer would shoot the class picture with a 4X5 camera. That's what he had used for my graduation. I brought a Koni-Omega Rapid 200 with a Metz 403 flash. Some other friends and relatives had instamatics and one showed up with a Nikon F2 with a motor drive, a 250 exposure back, an 80-200 zoom and a Rollie E36RE flash. They all wanted to get a shot of the class as the photographer was setting them up. The photographer was polite enough to the other people but when he saw what I was carrying I got the dirty look.</p>