FD Photos for July

ridinhome

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Kayam,<br>

No, not my hot rod, just one at a recent car show. A Canon FDer wrote somewhere that he thinks of his G1 as a digital back for his FD lenses. I like that, it puts it in perspective. I've been shooting some film with my F1 and T90, so I hope to be pure FD by the end of August's FD photos.</p>

<p>A great selection so far, this month, and <strong>Kayam</strong>, you're doing a great job of hosting the thread in Stuart's absence. You've certainly had that T90 working well; Fuji Pro160S is a great film and I use it almost exclusively in 120 format. I find it scans superbly, so I think Walgreens might have some explaining to do! Fine pics, very atmospheric...Sometimes I wish I was better at candid street photography, but it's not something I've ever done much of.</p>

<p>Lovely frames as usual, <strong>Louis</strong>, and I really like the Cool Dude, <strong>Ashley</strong>. Scary action stuff, <strong>Rick</strong>; you certainly have great technique to capture something so fast with such a shallow zone of focus. Love the See-Saw, <strong>Mike</strong>. There's something satisfying about a series such as this and these are very sensitive. Fine cross-genre use of equipment, <strong>Robert</strong>; it will be nice to see how the film images compare. And <strong>Lauren</strong>, I'm glad you like the portrait of Freckles; she's a very likeable kid.</p>

<p>I've just got back some scans from a Fuji Superia 200 film that's been in the old AE-1 for a couple of months, and I'll post a pic, to show that winter's not <em>all</em> bad...Lens was a Vivitar 28-210mm f/3.5-5.6</p>

<p> </p><div>00Wz8A-265425784.jpg.ba89a9d599672120d5c90282bff0f7d7.jpg</div>

<p>Rick Drawbridge - thanks for the kind words, not that I've done much here. Glad to help keep this thread going, its my fav. on Pnet. <br>

Sorry, just to get this straight - <em>Is that your back yard? </em>I was jealous enough of your collection of cameras, but now I think there should be laws against people like you.<br>

Rick Janes - Michael Smith got it right.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>why is that river embarrassed?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>LOL, It thought the name strange too but it wasn't like there was anybody around I could ask. I'm sure if one were to search the Cumberland County Courthouse, one could track down the name source. I did visit the courthouse, out in Toledo, but it was closed by the time I arrived. </p>

<p>There was a sign next to the bridge with an interesting factoid:<br>

"At the time of it's completion this 200 foot single span Jackson Covered Bridge is reported to be the longest single span timber bridge in the United States with no posted weight limit"</p><div>00WzFf-265523584.jpg.b18c2a21d4f95b376426ad746373c9cb.jpg</div>

<p>Another great month for FD photos. I recently got a Epson negative scanner and am wondering how I ever got along without it. Anyway, here are some scans from my archives which I took with my trusty AE-1 and the standard f1.8 50mm lens. Some of these may have a Cokin soft-filter. What I would do to be able to go back in time and take some of these with the 50mm f.3.5 macro... </p><div>00Wzmj-265835584.jpg.fb8fbf537356b0ab45c5c231a08bfa96.jpg</div>

<p>Once again a diverse selection from everyone but all very striking! As usual I'm running a bit behind. In July I was mostly testing my Kiron 105 f2.8 macro (all with T90 and Kodak Gold 200), I think I already posted the first pic a week or two ago</p><div>00X0Yh-266387684.jpg.d6a828bed23d281750a45472d37f9a89.jpg</div>