Which Version Summilux-R 50mm f1.4 Lens Do I Have?

<p>I have a Leica Summilux-R 50mm f1.4 lens with a built-in lens hood that takes a 55mm filter, serial #2902571. I gather that there have been three versions of the 50mm Summilux-R f1.4 lens but I can't tell for sure which version I have from the reading I've done. Could someone please tell which version this lens is from the information provided? If any additional information is needed please let me know. Also, if anyone could give me an estimate of a fair price for the lens, which is in mint condition with original front and rear lens caps, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.</p>

<p>Doug Herr's website suggests that the 2nd version uses the 55mm filters, 3rd version (the ROM version) uses E60 filters, and the 1st version (as well as 2nd version) uses series VII filters. As for an estimate of value, you should check out completed auction prices on Ebay, or perhaps several of the large dealers (KEH, etc).</p>

<p>You have version 2. Version 1 was the same optical formula but had a clip on lenshood and a bigger heavier design. Version 2 was available for a long time from about 1975-1998 or so. Value? I don't really know. $500 comes to mind as a starting point. The 50mm Summilux does not seem to be a legendary lens for some reason and gets less attention than the Summicrons and the Planar f1.4, although it is an excellent lens.</p>
Robin Smith

<p>Thanks very much for the responses. I checked completed sales on ebay before posting my questions but since I was unsure of which version I had I wasn't sure how those sales related to my lens. So I thought I'd ask about values here too, now I'll go back to ebay with the information you provided. Thanks again.</p>