Getty Photographer Dropped Over Altered Photo

<p>JDM, I never shot a wife, but I did leave one locked in a gun safe at the Bass Pro Shop in Orlando.</p>

<p>I liked this comment on the altered photo:<br>

I don't even make my living as a photographer -- I'm a gay prostitute in Houston's gritty sixth ward -- and even I think this is the most egregious abuse of public trust that's ever been perpetrated.</p>

<p>My editors are pretty clear on the rules. No factual alterations of any image not used for advertizing and even then there is a line.</p>

<p>I crop, make minor color and light adjustments on occasion but that is about it. (No I don't make black people blacker or old people younger and such.) If I don't adjust exposure the layout guys will. </p>

<p>So this guy gets axed. He was not "fired" as he is freelance. He was never "hired". </p>

<p>I read a response by the photographer. You can read it here:<br>

http://photographyblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/07/marc-feldman-checks-in-about-a.html<br>

If one is to believe his reply, and I have to say it sounds pretty genuine, it was an honest mistake. Why would someone send both images to Getty? He commented that it was a quick show to the caddy how a person can be removed (after the caddy asked to be removed), he even acknowledges that it wasn't done all that well. And then he made the fatal mistake of saving both images to his work file.<br>

As a professional photographer he also realizes that as much as it was a mistake, it was a fatal one. He acknowledges that Getty has a reputation to uphold, and mistake or not, Getty has to live up to their standards acceptable images. I do not know this photographer but I do admire that he is professional enough to know that it was his error and that Getty is doing what it must.</p>