75mm 1.4 Summilux ( a few images with it)

<p>Hi Jerry. Thanks for your input. I was in the past challenged by the Canon 85/1.2L when used wide open, and now this lens will make me take more care in focusing. In the first two images, the light was dim, and with ISO100 film and at 1.4, I was using a speed of 1/30 with this heavy lens. My eyes may be not totally bad.</p>

<p>Hi Raid, allow me to post a picture. I had this lens briefly, and the results can be stunning, no, as you see, more then stunning.</p>

<p>The image is resized from a 1800 pixel wide Wally World scan, the first shot from the lens. The pooch's ear is cropped, it was taken on a new used RF and I confused the 50/75 bright lines. A setup that requires practice, but looking at the very the first photo, as you have found, it's pretty unique. The acceptable focus at minimum is less then an inch. The line on the nose is a scar barely wider then a hair.</p>

<p>Well, "test" shots are rarely interesting, other then as a test, but I do have a semi OT question for you and the rest of the community.</p>

<p>There was a comment made here about the quality of OOF areas of pre vs. ASPH lenses. The observation was that ASPH OOF tended to be harsh and less pleasing. In my limited experience, I'm finding that to be true. I wish I could have compared a 35 pre and post ASPH Lux, and the modern 135 3.4 vs a 135/2,8. What are your experiences?</p>

<p>Cheers-michael</p>