Good Bye Eos System

<p><a href="http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/06/canon-wonder-camera-concept-promises-single-lens-perfection-vid/">http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/06/canon-wonder-camera-concept-promises-single-lens-perfection-vid/</a><br>

say good bye to the eos system when this comes out!</p>

<p>not sure about the video only though, makes me think if canon really is focused in making pictures or are they thinking of different things </p>

<p>oh well!</p>

<p>Christian</p>

<p>We're talking <strong>2030</strong> here, Chr. R. That's <strong>20 years</strong>... By then the way we know our world will be upside down anyhow. 20 years ago I had to have a huge & heavy (& expensive) 600mm f/4 lens on a tripod in order to achieve what I can do today with a 300mm f/4 IS, hand held. I'm sure 100's of <em>Forum Readers</em> can quote similar examples from all kind of fields.<br>

There'll always be another tune called "<em>future music</em>".</p>

<p>Go figure!<br>

By the time I get around to affording something, it's already obsolete with something "newer & beter" to replace it!<br>

Guess I had better start saving now, and maybe by 2030 I'll have saved enough to purchase this! Took me near 20 years already to obtain my first "L" from Canon!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"newer & beter"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Maybe by then (2030) I'll learn to proof read better too!</p>

<p>Fred, it's only 20 more years!</p>

<p>Paul, No ECF digital bodies . . . keep dreaming!</p>

<p>It's just a concept. If we assume the front element is maybe 50mm in diameter, that "macro to 5000mm" zoom can't be any faster than f100. At f100 diffraction will simply kill any sharpness, so matter how many pixels it has unless it's an 8"x10" sensor (not very likely). Even with 4" optics it would still be f50.</p>

<p>I have no doubt we will see ultrazoom video cameras with high resolution sensors capable of yielding excellent still images. However they will still have to conform to the laws of physics and optics.</p>

<p>You still need an artistic talent behind the camera, regardless of an ultra sophisticated super camera, to produce a valuable nice image. Even to day you can see, people having a hell of a expensive equipment, and producing noting. Contrary, some talented artistic mind using a Nikon D40 or equivalent low end camera, and creating beautiful art work, photograph. Super focus...? You still has to have a control of the camera, including focus, to acquire a desired effect, and so on and so on. If todays digital cameras has only M manual mode, (including manual focus) many of the skilled photographer would produce the same quality images then somebody with "A" or "S" mode, or "AF" mode, never mind the "Program Mode". Then... The photograph as a value are going down, and those pour artist/painters going to like it. A painting is always more valuable then a photograph. Or an old hand made, darkroom produced image from a film has also higher value, even today. . . . . . 2030. . . . ? We my going to paint in the cave walls, if we continue what we doing today.</p>

<p>Hal, you have a point. I (stupidly) bought an Olympus IS-1 when they first came out, but I couldn't accessorize it so I dumped it. Did I mention I hate power zooms? There's a reason!</p>

<p>Yeah, 20 years. I can't count. Let's see, I'll be 72... old man, new technology... Nope, don't see it happening to me.</p>