EOS Rebel T2i vs 7D

hjoseph7

<p>7D has better ergonomics, build quality, viewfinder, auto focus system, speed (frames per second), environmental sealing, and lens micro adjust.<br>

T2i is small and light. Has great image quality and video quality.<br>

Overall image quality for stills and video is very close to the same, in fact the T2i seems to have slightly lower noise. But the 7D is a much better built camera and should superior auto focus results in high speed situations. Definitely try them both before you buy.</p>

<p>Hi Harry<br>

Basically, autofocus, speed (frames per second), build quality and the viewfinder are better with the 7D. You may find the digital Rebel bodies to be a little cramped if you have very large hands. The T2i is a lot of camera for the money and the better value of the two if you have no need for the aforementioned features.<br>

HTH<br>

Paul</p>

<p>uhhh.......... dual processors, superior AF, better build, faster frame rates, easier menu navigation, wireless flash transmitter. The 7D is worth the extra money (if you have it to spend) it has the 18MP sensor and the hardware to go with it, the T2i is just an 18MP sensor in a light tight box.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>If you can't be bothered to compare feature sets, then I can only conclude you've posted this as flamebait.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>+1 and then some - DPR-quality.</p>

<p>An AC Cobra and four wheelbarrows have the same number of wheels, Harry: <em>but there's still a pretty damn' big performance difference between them...</em></p>

<p>The grid overlay viewfinder on the 7D really helps get horiz and vertical right. Also, a feature not mentioned much but one I have used a lot, you can fire Speedlite flashes off camera. It has much of the same functionality, maybe the same functionality, as the STE-2 flash control.<br>

And yes, build quality, etc. as others have mentioned.<br>

I do admit I thought about the T2i before getting the 7D (coming from a 40D).</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"If you can't be bothered to compare feature sets, then I can only conclude you've posted this as flamebait."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I never owned neither a Rebel or a 7D, and probably unfortunately . . . . never will!<br>

I'll stick with my 50D, EOS3 and 7E till I can go FF Digital I think!</p>

<p>I like this response the best . . .</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"An AC Cobra and four wheelbarrows have the same number of wheels, Harry: <em>but there's still a pretty damn' big performance difference between them..."</em></p>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

<p>"An AC Cobra and four wheelbarrows have the same number of wheels, Harry: <em>but there's still a pretty damn' big performance difference between them..."</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>This is a pretty cute line, I guess, but it isn't really a valid comparison with the original question.</p>

<p>I drive a Toyota, and it's a pretty nice car, and does all I want it to. Some people prefer a Lexus - they're more luxurious and may be better built in some areas. The two share a lot of components, however. By all means buy a Lexus if you want to, but the Toyota is good enough for me.</p>