Pentax System Explained

shots worth sharing

<p>Hi Dave.<br>

I think with the world economy the way it is we aren't likely to see too much in the way of bold (or even temperate) initiatives out of Pentax. However, thank goodness our Pentax corps are keeping their noses clean and haven't gotten themselves in the same boat as Olympus-hard to imagine how they are going to clean up their mess. Still, especially with the holidays coming up, it would be nice to see something for the dSLR market spring up.</p>

<p>Doug</p>

<p>Ooops! Sorry about that (that's what happens when I read things between classes). You may well be right that it should be updated.<br>

Any volunteers? Anyone want their name in lights? (Sorry, between my schedule and being WAY behind the curve I am not a logical choice).</p>

<p>Personally I didn't care for the comment about the *ist DL . I have and use one. It is a been a good learning camera. Made me learn to use a tripod. :). I still enjoy using it even tho it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the newer bodies. I do wish it had SR but again I have learned to get by without it.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Just thought I might join in on updating everyone on a, so called "Outdated" Camera. The Pentax 6711 system.<br>

I still use it and am making awesome pictures with it. 24x30s, from RVP 50, scanned from a Heidelberg tango drum scanner. I'm reminded that there is enough information in a 6x7cm trans, to equal a 50mp digital back 16 bit! Fortunately I've never had a problem with this camera amazing as it is, I've used it for 11 years now. This is a true Photographers camera. Amazing to me that Pentax has not continued with the genealogy of this system. It's ok to be happy at this juncture with the ability to shoot with a paid for camera system that can achieve this kind of result. I guess I'll tip my hat to Fuji for keeping Velvia alive. Point is that even if Pentax released a digital back for this camera, it would have to go far in pricing for that back to get my attention. For now, whats the point of keeping up with the Jones's throwing money at the latest, when the solution to making big pictures is in a decade back to the future. I'll use the money for Hotel rooms when on the road to the next Photo destination.</p>