Yashica LM TLR Yashicor 80mm f 1: 3.5

<p>Hi Thanks for the help, I have found out that the LM was one of the first Reflex cameras Yashica made with a light meter, hence the "LM". It was made between 1956/57. Apart from what Mc. Keown say's the LM has a Yashicor lens as backed up by Marks directory of 1960. Well wish me luck men, I pick up the first results with this camera today, why am I so nervous lol. thanks for your interest. Richard</p>

<p>Richard, I bought one of these new in 1957. Thought it was cool to have a camera with my initials on it. Beautiful memories. No regrets. Traded it in 1959 for a Minolta Autocord. Thought I HAD to have the 1\500 sec that one provided. Enjoy, and don't forget to post some shots. I still have the Yashica A I bought for my mother in 1959. I'm keeping it too. Best, LM.</p>

<p>Hi Len thanks for the response and the memories. You bought it in 1957, so I was about right with the date! I got the results back and was quite sad with them. It seems there is light getting into the camera, the last thing I thought would be wrong. I have removed the rear folding door and have stripped out the cord that is used to light seal. I have ordered new seal and will fit this and try again. I had one shot that was close to being ok, it was taken inside an aircraft hanger, it was very low light level and taken on a tripod, this may account for the lack of light entry. I will post it for you later. To make up for it a little I also put a roll of FP4 through a Zeiss Icon Nettar that I bought in very good condition and they are great. Will post a few if any interest. All the best to you Richard.</p>