Best Beginner NonPro Sites?

lisa_f

<p>Don't need a website.</p>

<p>Did your friend get a User's Manual with that SLR?</p>

<p>That's a good starting point. It will give some description of aperture, shutter speed, Depth of Field etc., the manual will give you a good starting point and explain how to achieve these basic's and how the camera settings function to obtain them.</p>

<p>Then also, here on PN has a lot of valuable information on the "Learning Tab" and the knowledge of the members here.<br>

There are some books out there and I'm sure someone will chime in with some reference titles for you.<br>

I suggest your friend study the manual, load it up and take some photo's to start! </p>

<p>The camera manual is, as James points out, indispensible. If that is too 'dense', look for a 'dummies'-style book on the particular camera.<br>

If it's photography, and not the camera functions, you need help with, then there are tutorials on things like exposure, focus issues, etc. all over the place, including some excellent ones here under the Learning Tab above.</p>

<p>For specific questions, not just "how do I use my camera?", here is as good as anywhere I've found. Come to this, the "Beginner's" forum.</p>