Any Nikon e mails, where I can complain ?

<p>I just bought a Nikon 14-24mm at Foto Regis Mexico, I was told that the lens would be delivered in 15 normal days , then in 15 working days and today Foto Regis told me they need 20 more days. The service at Nikon Mexico is lousy, nobody answers the phone, no e mail on the web page, I am quite disappointed of Nikon , I guess this will be my last purchase before I move to the red brand. If you know of any e mail, where I can complain, please let me know , best regards // Salvador </p>

<p>While Nikon (the manufacturers) will ceratinly want to know about the lying ways of a particular retailer in Mexico, I wouldn't immediately dump your entire line of equipment because that store isn't willing to tell you the truth.<br /><br />It also seems unlikely that the Nikon reps in Mexico would want to be involved in your transaction with that retailer. At least, not directly. I'm guessing you've already seen this actual address and phone number:<br /><br />Nikon México, S.A. de C.V. <br />Av. Paseo de la Reforma 222, Piso 7<br />Col. Juarez<br />CP 06600<br />México DF<br /><br />Información Corporativa<br />(55) 3098 6450</p>

<p>Thanks my friends, I got an e mail from Nikon Mexico saying they will find out what has happened to my purchase, let me tell you that it is quite impossible to get these guys from Nikon Mexico, there is always a machine on the other side, I tried every and each phone extension and I got the same reply every time "Sorry the mail box is full" . I think for a lens like that I deserve better service . One month with 10 days , is that average time to deliver a Nikon item ? Specially when we are just "south of the border" I assume Nikon Mexico imports from Nikon USA. I will consider all your comments, best and warm regards from Mexico City // Salvador Penaloza </p>

<p>Actually, it's more likely that Nikon Mexico gets their items directly from Nikon in Japan, and it's likely that the retailer didn't even bother to order a lens for you until after you paid for it. Then the order has to get through customs. But some smaller retailers will actually hold up placing an order for an expensive product until they can combine that order with several others, to get more favorable terms from the manufacturer or their domestic distributor. <br /><br />This really is between you and the dealer with whom you're doing business. You're not doing business directly with Nikon.</p>

<p>Don't let Nikon off the hook. They're partially responsible for their dealer's service because they select their dealers. Who knows, maybe Nikon will be motivated to threaten the dealership. Nikon has an expensive brand name to protect after all, the dealer may not care (for sure they'll be just as happy if you buy another brand from them).</p>

<p>If you blame the dealer without also going after Nikon nothing will improve.</p>

<p>Thanks again, I will visit Nikon Mexico on Monday and find out what´s going on . On the other and I think Nikon should have a global guarantee , what difference does it make to Nikon if I buy form Regis Mexico, Adorama, or B&H ? At this time Nikon must know that if a dealer is not working properly, then cancelled the license of the dealer and look for someone else who can take of the business. I mean one month and ten days for a single lens ? thats too much time, some photographers in Mexico City complain about the time to get Nikon accessories . I am sure Nikon must improve the service in order to keep the clients happy. Best regards //Salvador </p>

<p>Salvador,<br>

While I agree your frustration, Nikon really is not the one to blame here. In fact, you have no dealings with Nikon at all - but with a retailer. You've done the right thing: tell Nikon this dealer is not delivering good service, which is negatively impacting the Nikon brand. From there on, Nikon has to deal with this retailer, and you either cancel the order with the retailer, or wait.<br>

So when to say "<em>I am sure Nikon must improve the service</em>", I can only wholeheartedly disagree. You're not requesting any service from Nikon. Your dealership is underperforming, they should improve service. Nikon is not a party in this deal, you did not pay them and they will not deliver any goods.</p>

<p>And waiting 40 days for a lens - yes, can happen. Some higher priced items are not in high stocks, and hence it can take longer to deliver. I waited 45 days or something like that for a AF-S 300 f/4. But the dealer kept me informed, and at any point, it was clear what the status was. And dealing like that, to me, is OK. Was I happy to wait - no. Could I do anything - no, because the lens was nowhere on stock. Else, I would have cancelled and get it somewhere else.</p>

<p>So, good to vent your frustration, but bark up the right tree.</p>

<p>One isn't "barking up the wrong tree" when one blames the manufacturer/brand for the services of the dealer. </p>

<p>It's good to go after the manufacturer/brand as well as the dealer, especially as nothing more than email or phone is involved.</p>

<p>The dealer is the weakest link in Nikon's marketing chain... Nikon surely wants to know about a dealer that damages its brand name.</p>

<p>If a Nikon product isn't available for several weeks (this is NOT unusual), it's up to the retailer to find that out before promising a given delivery date to a customer. I'm still not clear, on this: is the retailer saying that Nikon was lying about delivery and availability?</p>

<p>Thanks again for your replies and concern about this matter. I bought this lens o the 28th of april, at that time Foto Regis (the retailer) told me the lens would be in my hands in 15 days or BEFORE , then I called them 15 days after and Foto Regis said to me this time that they meant 15 working days, then I think I went to far and I called NIKON Mexico up, just to find out when they were going to import my lens , a lady from Nikon answered the phone, I explained to her about my purchase with Foto Regis and she said , "let me check" after awhile she told me "there is no request from Foto Regis about this lens" so I called Foto Regis again and the General Manager said, for sure I requested this lens to Nikon Mexico., I tried to call Nikon again (about 50 times and I am not joking) the machine on the other side replied "the mail voice is full, please try later" I mean I tried every phone number and extension and NOBODY was there. Maybe I am wrong or maybe I went too far , (I worked at airport in Mexico City in the department of Cargo and I know how handle import and export) It is not something from another planet or so. Well the last info I had from Regis, was that this lens will arrive around the 5th of June. What about if I cancelled my purchase with Regis, I can go somewhere else but maybe the time is the same in the first place and second the price is much higher with other retailers. Perhaps I am "barking the wrong tree" but it could be something different I want to talk to Nikon to , and these people DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE , it is like screaming and talking to nobody in the middle of nowhere. Thats why I am saying that Nikon Mexico is lousy and there is no support from their side. So to avoid this situation , Nikon should have global assistance and guarantee worldwide , in such case I could easily buy in B&H or elsewhere and have my guarantee in Mexico or Germany. (thats my opinion) It is not for me to say but the "red brand" has even "live chat" to help their customers. Have a great day and best regards - Will NIKON Mexico adopt the "Mañana Mañana saying" ? </p>

<p>As another resident of Mexico, I must say that's the position of most retailers over here. Not only Nikon is like that. Try Hewlett-Packard, IBM. Samsung, you name it.</p>

<p>It's simple. There's no need to threat the customer to a good service level. "Oh, you don't like it? Fine, it's not like you can do something about it." And they are right. The legal system only works for the big corporations. The customer is out there alone.</p>

<p>That's why I never buy from the local brick and mortar "authorized" retailers. Not only they try to rip you off by trying to sell you merchandise with bigger than life mark ups, but they show no respect for you, they think you are as ignorant as they are regarding the product you are interested in, and if you are so unlucky as to require a warranty repair, boy, you'll be entering a world of pain. </p>

<p>Try the online retailers. Even after paying for shipping and the huge taxes you'll end up paying less than buying local. And there are a couple of good online retailers here in Mexico too. Some of them even adhere to the Nikon 5-year warranty. And their prices are very competitive. Should you be interested, send me an email and I'll tell you about them.</p>

<p>And I wouldn't expect Canon to be much different. It's sad, but true.</p>