B&W film processors

<p>I am looking for a film processor for developing B&W film and this being rather late in the game, I am wondering what the available practical options are ? Initially, it seemed a JOBO CPA2 (or some of its variants) would be the obvious choice but I have not seen many of these showing up on eBay or craigslist lately so I am wondering what are the other possible choices in the ~$500 price range and are there some that should be avoided in terms of getting consistent results (mostly for 120 films?)</p>

<p>Thanks much for any pointers !</p>

<p>From what I understand Jobo machines are starting to break and people cant find parts.<br>

I had a CP2 and it was nice, but I thought it was an overkill for B+W.<br>

For slide and c41 film - a lot more important due to temp controls, but even while <br>

I owned a Jobo, I did almost all of my B+W on a simple Uniroller, even with the Huge jobo tanks.<br>

With the Big Jobo tanks I just modified one of my unirollers so it ran in one direction with a manual switch to reverse it.</p>

<p>My Sidekick film processor I got off a photo lab for $100 when they close their doors. I love this thing and had it now for 5 years and still going strong. I can process anything from slide, color film, b&w 35mm to 4x5 sheets. Never had a prob with it and very easy to use. I even have a small cabinet that I set up the whole thing and look nice and stored out of the way.</p>

<p>The Heiland TAS Filmprocessor has been designed for B&W film development.<br>

You can use it for different tank systems.<br>

<a href="http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/TAS_Flyer_D.pdf">http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/TAS_Flyer_D.pdf</a><br>

Actual in production but a steep price from Eur. 820,-</p>

<p>Alternative the JOBO CPE/CPP/CPA. Last one equipped with Leichtrollers, easy rollers, when using it without water bath. Rotary B&W development has some disadvantages with some type developers.</p>

<p>Best regards,</p>

<p>Robert</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I also recommend the Phototherm Super Sidekick. It beats the pants off any of the Jobo CP* type stuff, and betters the ATL-1000/1500 too I think. The only limitation is it doesn't do prints, but it does film superbly. I can't imagine any other method, particularly for color. Used they can be had in the $500-1000 range and are well worth it, made in the USA and plenty of spare parts available.</p>

<p>-Ed</p>

<p>I just repaired an older 2 speed Jobo CPE for a fellow member. The motor direction relay had carboned contacts. A quick web search showed an exact replacement relay was not readily available, several adaptable relays were available at reasonable cost. I cleaned the contacts of the existing relay. The only part that might be hard to find an adaptable replacement for is the motor, second would be the thermostat.</p><div>00WME8-240361984.thumb.jpg.da1f049be4456f41f23af8814562126e.jpg</div>

<p>Just want to share two photos of my film processor and printing work station. Develop film on my balcony and print in my office closet. Small, clean, compact and work very well for me. I get nothing by high end quality results. :-))) <br /></p><div>00WOTC-241649684.jpg.e54c133a3507cdd8e86a1738719b39df.jpg</div>