Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC 2010: #14

Matt Laur

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>There's always so much good stuff on here. The ones that are standing out this week: Matt, Tiffany, Benjamin, Jens, Anish, Barry, Ikka, Dieter, Waldemar, Roberta. I know there are others I'm leaving out, but I did notice them!</p>

<div>00WBLz-234939784.jpg.e6da627c8c0d29f69bfb0286840c9a41.jpg</div>

<p>Greetings to all! I've been missing in action for awhile and capped off my time away w/ some major life altering surgery last Wed., that should eventually actually help my shooting. For those wondering, I now have an artificial shoulder. Anyway, looks like things are off to a great start today and I look forward to coming back tomorrow to comment on my favorites. My photo this week was taken two weeks ago, prior to the current blistering heat wave, here in the north east of the US. It was taken out on Long Island, with temperatures in the 40's and blowing winds. And yet it still looks like summer.</p><div>00WBMM-234941584.jpg.3e60a87920fd4d4e9897387e7a88b28a.jpg</div>

<p>Once again, I view all these pictures and feel so inadequate. I wish I had time to tell everyone personally how wonderful these shots are. Perhaps Matt Laur and the PN crew will figure out a way to put buttons at the bottom of each picture so all I have to do is check off all the WOWs! I'm enjoying all the flowers, birds, blossoms, ice, and the food. Thanks for sharing.</p>

<p>I've been working on a 2010 Project 365 (<a href="http://leroyphotography.blogspot.com">http://leroyphotography.blogspot.com</a>) and am enjoying the adventure, learning to try different things to get different effects. This photo was taken without a filter. The day was brighter, with blue-gray skies, but I changed the WB to cloudy, changed the aperture to f/14, and came away with a nice (IMHO) picture--no post processing.</p><div>00WBMQ-234941684.jpg.98b5afc54000ab9d26cda544dfe443c2.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday everybody. Good work all. A few notables:<br>

Matt L, Another beautiful dog. Love the motion blur of the partridge's wings. I can see why you love this sport.<br>

Matthew B, Nice piece of glass. Does a terrific job on your rose.<br>

Lil J, Glad to hear Naboo is back in a loving home. <br>

Erik C, I'm impressed. Where is this?<br>

Benjamin S, Lovely<br>

Ray H, It is amazing how fast they fly away. We have been blessed with the opportunity to watch several birds fledge, and it never ceases to amaze me.<br>

Dave L, Fantastic! Does it still run, or is it strictly decorative?<br>

Durukan P, Looks absolutely delicious!<br>

Michael M, Brilliant color.<br>

Fred A, Interesting processing. The blossoms almost seem to be made of silver.<br>

Tony H, Very impressive. Those warm highlights are stunning.<br>

Barry F, Good to see some street photography in this forum!<br>

Mark G, Adorable. Love the expression you captured.<br>

Tim H. Looks like a nice young man. I'll bet you got a few more good ones as well.<br>

Bruno G, Beautiful. Very effective use of vignette.<br>

Dieter S, Beautiful. Love that pink light.<br>

Adey L, Hector doesn't seem to mind being your model. Lovely cat. <br>

Rene' V, Your swan looks both awkward and graceful at the same time. Really cool.<br>

Don L, The jump rope, the flying hair, the heels on the girl on the trike....all wonderful.<br>

Jennifer M, Cool spot. I envy you getting to hang out with other PN buddies.<br>

Monika E, Wow. This looks like it could have been taken long ago. Very sharp.<br>

Martin Z, I love ball season. My girls will be on the softball fields soon.</p>

<p>Here I have a hydrangea I took at a neighbor's on Sunday. I didn't notice the lady bug until I viewed this on my computer screen. D300. ISO 400. 1/2500 @f 4.5</p>

<div>00WBNB-234951584.jpg.17c8151713fd31782bab16c2f3d0e64c.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks to everyone who commented on my photo last week, I appreciate your feedback.<br>

This time I took the time and wrote something about my favorites from this week:</p>

<ul>

<li>Benjamin Schaefer - nice morning mist, very tranquil. </li>

<li>Jens Fredriksen - interesting find, I like the way how the hole in the wall frames the scene.</li>

<li>Jeff Lipsman - that picture would probably look great in a larger print, I really like the way it gives different impressions depending on whether one looks at the foreground or background.</li>

<li>Jose Angel - I like the afternoon mood.</li>

<li>Tony Hadley - good capture of ice, spring is coming isn't it?</li>

<li>Bruno Gallant - I like the springtime feel.</li>

<li>Mac Polski - good capture at the right moment, really conveys the performance.</li>

</ul>

<p>My own picture is not a macro this week (I need to cut down on macros...), but a shot from the now traditional Easter play in my town depicting the conviction and crucifixion of Jesus. The play changes a little bit every year, being an interpretation of the biblical events and the actors change too. This year the role of Jesus was played by a Japanese actress, which caused some discussion since Jesus has always before this been played by a male actor.</p><div>00WBNg-234957584.jpg.294d24ecd80ecaab3567c5db0c16f901.jpg</div>

<p>This week the submissions are spectacular! Congratulations all.<br>

After driving 1009 miles on Sunday, we were welcomed home by rain, thunder and lightening. It has continued to rain for the last two days.... Not a good photo week. I miss the Alabama sunsets already. That is why I'm offering one more this week. I hope it brings a smile to your face.</p><div>00WBOn-234967584.jpg.661a372c02e8fb86205e44a42c3d3ffb.jpg</div>

<p>Some good stuff again! This week's outstanders for me are the trees in fog and "Back in time".</p>

<p>I've been going through all the pics I took in the recent snow, but resisted the temptation to post one in favour of this semi-abstract of a simple cut branch. I was struck by the combination of shape, texture and colour, so I hope someone else likes it too.</p>

<p>Tech data: Nikon D700 + 105mm f/1.8 Ais Nikkor; 1/500th sec @ f/11.</p><div>00WBP2-234969684.thumb.jpg.ac75571070f7e70b2108f0643a85b91b.jpg</div>

<p>Its well worth revisiting this forum on (my) Thursday morning.. <a href="/photodb/user?user_id=299288">Barry Fisher</a> - Far and away the best shot of the day - I love the mood, and the light, and the movement, it comes together to make a brilliant shot! </p>

<p>Some really fantastic stuff from everyone this week - this is a great thread!</p>

<p>Cheers!</p>

<p>Oh, what a fine collection we have in here.<br />Here are some of the most interesting images for my taste:<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=2344388">Matt Laur</a> - Very well captured chase!<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=2390878">Benjamin Schaefer</a> - Really low tones and mellow atmosphere, yet captivatingly interesting and beautiful. <br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=1472982">James Kazan</a> - Fine, detailed and interesting image that also leaves one wondering, what on earth is this subject? :-)<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=3944538">Jeff Lipsman</a> - Simple and still very beautiful and interesting photo. <br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=499258">Jose Angel</a> - A dose of pure good mood and joyful breakfast. The only "nagging" rises out of the fact that now I want some cold chocolate milk and we don`t have any. ;-D<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=5226494">Bryan Meadows</a> - The strong subject contrast between the feather and the concrete combined with the fine light make this one a very fine capture.<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=2186708">Tony Hadley</a> - Great light, beautiful colors, intresting and fragile subject, all together a great photo.<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=3742851">Apurva Madia</a> - I have returned to this photo every once in a while from the morning. I haven`t had time to comment, but this has captured my attention. Fine documenting of the people and his work environment.<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=24372">Shun Cheung</a> - Fine use of the local accessories of the restaurant. The vivid red wall ties this one into latin country, the gold-leafed frame of the mirror add`s extra punch and the ordinary people of the photo-portrait ties this into modern world. Very nice capture.<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=4434969">Mark Gordon</a> - Fine portrait. You have transfered her mood into a photo with almost pinpoint accuracy. At least that is the atmospheric aura around your image. Great work.<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=3692468">Paul Howard</a> - Whoa! Stopping image - literally. Another one that has got plenty of viewing time at my screen. Fine action image.<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=3742560">Adey L</a> - One of my favourite pet-images from the last couple of weeks. Pure, interesting and captivating pet-portrait. <br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=2301406">Rene' Villela</a> - Well balanced and beautiful photo.<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=2100004">Waldemar Giers - Kitchener,ON,Canada</a> - Sunset or no sunset, beautiful image anyhow! Although, I have to admit that I definitely have a weak spot towards well captured and beautifully colored sun-photos.<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=103849">Donald Lawrence</a> - I have recently discovered the joy`s of panorama-photography, so this naturally captured my attention. Simply great and simple image. One to like without any specific reason. <br /><a rel="nofollow" href="../photodb/user?user_id=380414">Oskar Ojala</a> - Even before viewing your name, I recognized the setting of the passion-play. Nice documenting of this interesting theatre play. <br>

<br />Then to my photo for this week. This is dull, gray and yet moody for me. Interesting to hear what this says to anyone of you. :-)</p><div>00WBSG-234993584.jpg.b44ddd71837280bec3844a305dee6741.jpg</div>

<p>Matt L. good dog!<br>

Vineet: nice panorama<br>

Matthew B: beautiful rose<br>

Rich: great capture of a cowbird<br>

Paul: Woodpecker mid flight - Good job<br>

There are really too many great pictures to mention them all. A lot of talent out there. Keep up the good works<br>

This late morning I finally captured some California poppies that had opened up for the sun</p><div>00WBTG-235005684.jpg.f21306588b6166928d9ce203041b0cc8.jpg</div>

<p>I am enjoying everyone's photos so much. My first time posting a photo. My husband pointed me to this site.<br>

We were in Atlantic City today and it was nearly 90 degrees and sunny. This photo was taken next to the Korean War Memorial on the AC boardwalk. The seagull was sitting on top of the flag pole and I snapped the shot as he flew into the wind. Thanks!</p><div>00WBVY-235027784.jpg.1ce3c06e47c2e8f26a5004d27c71ef5d.jpg</div>

<p>First posting. I have transitioned in the past year from my FM3a to a D300...finally feel like the gear isn't in my way anymore. I always enjoy seeing the images posted in this thread and felt it was time to join in the fun.</p>

<p> </p><div>00WBYc-235049784.jpg.a934513a682a5933e1cd18f615ea6b66.jpg</div>