Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC 2010: #14

Matt Laur

<p>Thanks to all for a particularly good dose of Wednesdayness. And of course for indulging me on my bird dog stuff and the kind words about this week's image.<br /><br />I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how much I liked <strong>Benjamin Schafer</strong>'s foggy bit of aquatic scenery, <strong>Jose Angel</strong>'s strangely mesmerizing food tray (there's just something about the light, Jose), <strong>Paul Howard</strong>'s talented woodpecker, the encounter with <strong>Alejandro Held</strong>'s dancers, <strong>Roberta Davidson</strong>'s ever more sophisticated water lensing, <strong>Mac Polski</strong>'s completely <em>there</em> musician, and <strong>Hamish Gray</strong>'s transporting of me to someplace else. I'm always a little uneasy mentioning specific shots because my quick list one day would be completely different the next morning. Please, everyone, keep up the great work and thanks for taking us all around the world every week.</p>

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I want to take the time out to <strong>Thank; Fred Amico</strong> ( who was sweet enough to mention my shot twice), <strong>Eric Blair, Benjamin Schaefer, Peter Rafle, Linda McLellan & Durukan Payzanoglu</strong> ( I promise not to make a habit of multimedia) for mentioning my simple shot of two of our boys. That's what we call them. "The boys."<br>

Now to try to narrow down those which stand out to me....<br>

<strong>Matt</strong> - great catch<br>

<strong>Bogdan</strong> - love the play of light in this one<br>

<strong>Benjamin</strong> - again, just a stunning shot<br>

<strong>Richard</strong> - great catch of the adult & juvenile Cormorant. I see them do this on hot days.<br>

<strong>Jens</strong> - another great IR<br>

<strong>Jeff</strong> - moody land/sea scape<br>

<strong>Vineet</strong> - beautiful landscape<br>

<strong>Pascal</strong> - lovely French countryside<br>

<strong>Paul</strong> - love the scene<br>

<strong>Fred </strong>- excellent dof in this macro of a flowering jade plant, hard to do with those small flowers<br>

<strong>Wouter</strong> - looks like a beautiful place to visit. Most inviting photo<br>

<strong>Apurva</strong> - I saw such a scene when I went there at the age of 14. It's bringing me back.<br>

<strong>Ilkka</strong> - - stunning - I just love it<br>

<strong>Rick</strong> - great catch<br>

<strong>Gwen</strong> - lovely landscape<br>

<strong>Shun</strong> - neat shot & I bet you're the only one who brought that one home.<br>

<strong>Mark</strong> - beautiful portrait of your daughter<br>

<strong>Murali</strong> - set black point on this shot & it'll pop. Great catch<br>

<strong>Kemal</strong> - on the Nature & Wildlife forum on FredMiranda this would be referred to as a "Double Nello". Fun catch<br>

<strong>Paul</strong> - great catch that took some timing.<br>

<strong>Alejandro</strong> - another great Tango shot showing the intensity & passion of the Tango<br>

<strong>Bruno</strong> - elegant<br>

<strong>Doug</strong> - great pose on the Alan's, too much brown for an Anna's<br>

<strong>Roberta</strong> - another beautiful drops shot. You have these nailed now.<br>

<strong>Dieter</strong> - the light & the tomes make this beautiful shot.<br>

<strong>Rene'</strong> - beautiful & excellent framing<br>

<strong>Janne</strong> - love the sad look, so tells the story<br>

<strong>Waldemar</strong> - beautiful inviting shot<br>

<strong>Donald</strong> - neat pano<br>

<strong>Liz </strong>- fun shot<br>

<strong>Mark</strong> - they're growing :)<br>

<strong>Steven</strong> - lovely portrait of the dog<br>

<strong>Hayley</strong> - beautiful & sweet<br>

<strong>Hamish</strong> - glad to see you back & neat shot</p>

<p>I don't count - I just comment as I go through them. If I haven't commented it in no way reflects on your shot - I simply no longer have the time to comment on each & every shot presented. I don't claim to be a good photographer or critic, but I know what I enjoy the most. My comments are those so reflected.<br>

My top favorites this week come from: <strong>Benjamin, Ilkka & Hayley</strong></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks to <strong>Fred Amico</strong>, <strong>Matt Laur</strong> and <strong>Lil Judd</strong> for your kind words!<br>

Always difficult to select a few ones:<br /><br /><strong>Matt Laur's</strong> Dog chasing Bird<br /><br /><strong>Benjamin Schaefer's</strong> Reflection<br /><br /><strong>Lil Judd's </strong>Horses and the story behind it <br /><br /><strong>James Kazan's</strong> Well exposed metal<br /><br /><strong>Jose Angel's</strong> Snack<br /><br /><strong>Tony Hadley's</strong> Ice melting<br /><br /><strong>Ilkka Nissila's</strong> Foggy Friday<br /><br /><strong>Paul Howard's</strong> Levitating Woodpecker<br /><br /><strong>Lawrence Ho's</strong> Bird<br /><br /><strong>Roberta Davidson's</strong> Drops<br /><br /><strong>Adey L's</strong> Cat eyes<br>

See you next wednesday<br>

Alejandro</p>

<p>Ok, Wednesday is almost over and it is time to close the thread.</p>

<p>Actually, when some of our group members saw me capture that mirror image in Mexico, they tried to do the same. Of course their images were different from mine since I would be in theirs.</p>

<p>Incidentally, John Shaw is in that image. Do you recognize him?</p>