FS11 doesn't download from internal Flash memory, and a Youtube issue

seth_prince1

<p>if i record a video to the internal Flash memory and then plug it into the computer nothing happens<br>

even if i try to open the canon downloading software, it will tell me that there are no cameras connected<br>

but if i had recorded a video to the SD memory card, i can just plug in my camcorder, and it will start downloading with the supplied software<br>

so right now, the only way i can download to my computer from the Internal flash memory is to open up iMovie and get it thru that. how do i get the Canon software to download from the Internal Flash memory?<br>

also, for some reason i can upload the "thumbnail" .MOV files to youtube, but the regular .MOV files are rejected by youtube</p>

<p>Seth:<br>

I don't profess to know anything but I did a google and on the Canon website they list driver updates for different operating systems. perhaps your driver is not up to date for your OS. You don't give any info as to type of computer, pc or mac, XP, win7 so update your drivers first and see if it recognizes your camera.<br>

Also I have the sister to your model and it produces .mod files . I am not sure what you mean by .mov files. I have no problems uploading to Youtube or editing these files. I am not sure if Youtube recognizes .mod files directly from the camera, perhaps there is some conversion being done by your Canon software. I dislike automated functions where you have no control. Perhaps you should convert your .mod files to .avi . There are lots of free converters on the web. Through my editing program I output to mpeg in preparation for Youtube upload.<br>

I just went to Youtube and found that they accept these files:</p>

<li>Windows Media Video (.WMV) </li>

<li>.3GP (cell phones) </li>

<li>.AVI (windows) </li>

<li>.MOV (mac) </li>

<li>.MP4 (ipod/psp) </li>

<li>.MPEG </li>

<li>.FLV (adobe flash) </li>

<li>.MKV (h.264</li>

<p>there is no mention of .MOD files which your camcorder produces.<br>

bob</p>