Tamrac Bag for Mamiya M645/1000S

timwitt

<p>I want a Tamrac shoulder bag for a M645 with finder and 80mm lens attached and the rubber hood, plus 35mm, 150mm and 210mm lenses, additional finder (prism), film inserts, film and misc. accessories.<br>

What Tamrac bag have you used? Yes, I have searched.</p>

<p>I have a Tamrac Pro 12 bag and I am amazed how much stuff I can get into it. Pockets everywhere, all closeable with zippers. I can put two 35mm/FX camera bodies with motors/battery packs, 12 lenses from 16mm to 500mm mirror, more filters and adapters than I ever need, my incident meter, cable releases, synch cords, ring flash, etc. I can even shove a Sunpak 544 on the top and close it, but have to use the buckles instead of the zipper. At about 35 - 40 pounds fully loaded, it takes a strong back to carry it all, to be sure, but I am rarely without something I need. The inside of the bag is completely customizeable with velcro, so you can configure it to perfectly suit your needs. The construction is of the highest quality and should last a very long time. They can be had on Fleabay for around $135 or so. There are lots of them on there now. <br /><br>

Here is a photo of one:<br>

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22001023/Images/9/5612TAMRACZXZ.jpg<br>

<br /></p>

<p>I just posted in the wedding forum a similar response. Tamrac is great stuff, excellent durability. My Nikon bag is med-small PJ bag (sorry # long gone off tag) and fits 3 bodies several lenses and plenty of film and accessories. That bag is 23 years old and has been through "everything" six times over and is still in great condition. I also have a big 21 year old 614 super pro Tamrac with my Hasselblads in it and a serious pack of stuff including 4 lenses, filters, meters, ext tubes two pouches of film and much more. My son has another one about 12 years old with a pair of Hasselblads and lenses thats probably similar to Scott's Pro 12. You probably want a medium bag in the 500? series, not sure any more.</p>

<p>I use the 14, but it's a big sucker. I carry a couple of Nikon bodies, about 6 lenses, a Hasselblad EL/M and three lenses, and can even tuck in a Leica. I absolutely love the Tamrac bags. I'm considering buying a slightly smaller one for carrying just one system at a time. Beautifully made. I own two Tamracs.</p>

<p>I have the Pro 12, full of Canon FD gear, I really like it but it's larger than I want for the M645 kit, the 614 is even larger.<br>

I have the 706 Deluxe Convertible. I use as my small/medium bag for whatever I'm using for the day, Canon FD or EOS. The 706 is too small for my M645 kit.<br>

I have thought about the 608 to replace the 706 because it's a little larger than the 706. It might be good for the 645. I'll try the 608 the next time I'm at the store.<br>

The 709 Convertible might be right size but I don't want to pay that much.<br>

I'm sure there are other brands that are just as good and someone will consider their brand to be better, and it may be, I'm just fond of Tamrac bags. I have a 767 backpack also.<br>

I'll keep checking this post and consider whatever is suggested.</p>

<p>My experience has been dramatically different!<br>

I own 2 Tamrac bags. On one of them the internal padding in the dividers has simply crumbled into a sand like compound. On the second one,a Pro model of theirs made in the USA, whilst "loaded down" with my Leica M gear, went crashing to the floor. The swivel hook on the shoulder strap had snapped. It is clearly made of some cheap pot metal rather than stainless steel.<br>

No more Tamrac bags for me!<br>

They are also stingy with Velco on the sides for divider arrangements.</p>

<p>Colin, are you sure they were legit and not knock-offs? Usually the insert insides aren't foam, they're that denser military grade material that has never even hinted of rotting. And what bag has the snap straps on it, I thought only a few of the convertible models had that and they were quite sturdy. Just curious..... Dave</p>

• 1 month later...