best beginner camera to get no experience

stan_smith4

<p>film camera, one prime lens, and a heap of chrome. learning is not a race, so ignore those who tell you that 'digital will allow you to learn faster'. whoever said learning fast was the best way? learn to crawl before you can walk. any dslr will have too many features for you to learn effectively. if it is there, the tempation will be too great, and you will use auto this and auto that. the old "great picture, you must have a really good camera" is not that far from the truth nowadays. my five year old son has taken some really great images with my d3! he know little about photography, but the d3 can easily be used in point and shoot mode, at 9fps. sooner or later you will have some success, even if it is an accident.</p>

<p>The biggest mistake I made buying a camera to "take better pictures" was not budgeting for all the other things it takes to produce better pictures. </p>

<p>I'm probably running about 20% camera body, 20% lenses, 20% lighting, 20% software, 20% books and seminars. </p>

<p>If I had spent more $ on books & seminars first, I would have saved in other areas.</p>

<p> </p>