<p>I have both. I don't use Photoshop too much anymore (most of my editing is easily covered in Lightroom now), but CS4's stitching for assembling panoramas and other work (for me, large damaged prints I need to scan/photograph in sections) is a real bonus for my photo restoration work. </p>

<p>The content aware scaling and smart selection tool in CS4, along with support of the most recent camera RAW will be enough for many to consider it. I like the new interface also. As always, You can do most everything in both.</p>

<p>Bridge CS4 is quite useful if you are not already using Aperture or LR.</p>

<p>And on the Windows platform the x64 will let you use more direct memory assuming your hardware supports it. So the decision to get CS4 was rather simple to make.</p>

<p>And depending on your video card, the GPU enhanced features are useful when panning, zooming, rotating, cloning ...</p>

<p>The tabbed document interface has finally happened, I'd been wanting that for years.</p>

<p>I suspect it's handling metadata better than CS2, but I use Bridge primarily for modifying that.</p>