Voigtlander Vito II

eyespy

<p>Hello,<br>

I'm looking for Vitto II users/collectors to converse with about the camera. There is little information regarding the Vitto II. I have found a manual and a brief history of it's introduction. I believe mine was produced in 1954.</p>

<p>I am a proud owner of a Vito II! Not too long ago, I acquired a lovely looking Vito II and was excited and anxious to put it to test. The resulting images are awesome! I can't believe the quality of the pictures I get from this small folding camera. Mine has a Compur Rapid Shutter, so the shutter speed is bumped up to 1/500. The lens is a Color-Skopar 50mm, f1/3.5.<br>

I have a little difficulty focusing object within 2-3 feet to begin with, but then I realize the minimum focusing distance is 3.5ft, I am able to get things in focus correctly. Other than that, it's easy to use this camera. Note that it doesn't care what ISO the film is!!<em> </em>I used a Kodak B&W400, A Kodak Gold 200 and a Fuji Superia 200. All give excellent results.<br>

I have a few pictures to post, but since I am new to this forum, I don't know how to. If you'd be kind explain it to me. I will post some pictures for you to see.<br>

<em></em></p>

<p>I have a Vito and a Vito II - the Vito was the first camera I learned on as a 10-year-old. The Vito II is basically the same camera but with a coated lens ("Color" Skopar, rather than just Skopar) and a real film sprocket inside (the original Vito had a sort of toothed roller that didn't engage the sprocket holes in the film). Both are very pleasant cameras. Mine both have Prontor shutters, a Compur would be nice but you don't see a lot of those.</p>

There isn't a lot of extra info for Vito models. But I found this link and I don't think it's well known!

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/voigtlander/cadresA.htm

In fact all the Voigtlander 35s are extremely well built I have the Vito B, the Vitomatic (with Ultron), a Vitessa 1000

and a (BAlda) Vito CS

That they're not so well known is good!! If you know what I mean!

<p>The Vito II is a nicely compact VF camera, closely comparable the the Retina !!a and its cousins. I picked mine up at te camera counter of a local drugstore. Used but quite functional, and it still works fine.</p>

<p>The Vito II is a nicely compact VF camera, closely comparable the the Retina IIa and its cousins, but closer in operation to the later folding Retinettes, as it lacks a rangefinder. I picked mine up at the camera counter of a local drugstore. Used but quite functional, and it still works fine.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone!<br>

Le - I really like the Still Life - I will have to try that.<br>

August - yes it is competitive...that's why I may have paid too much. It doesn't have a serial number that I can locate..so I've been leary of it's worth. So I need to get out and shoot.<br>

I'm headed to a street fair today and taking any camera bodies that have a few frames left to shoot. One of which is a Kodak Retina I (post war)<br>

http://i47.tinypic.com/15ppog2.jpg</p>

• 5 months later...
<p>I have a full Vitto IIa setup with case, lens pouch and lens glasses etc, light meter 'SIXTY' in leather case, Rangefinder in leather case, Original instructions, Original purchase receipt (29th August 1958) from Germany(27.90Marks). When I last used it (many years ago, it took superb pictures, but I have struggled to find the time to set it up and use in anger. It still seems to work, but shoudl I think about getting it serviced even if it will just sit in the attic for the next twenty years? If anyone wants me to post photos of it or scan the manual in for email, I am very happy to do so.</p>

<p>I have a full Vito IIa setup with case, lens pouch and lens glasses etc, light meter 'SIXTY' in leather case, Rangefinder in leather case, Original instructions, Original purchase receipt (29th August 1958) from Germany(27.90Marks). When I last used it (many years ago, it took superb pictures, but I have struggled to find the time to set it up and use in anger. It still seems to work, but shoudl I think about getting it serviced even if it will just sit in the attic for the next twenty years? If anyone wants me to post photos of it or scan the manual in for email, I am very happy to do so.</p><div>00X9g9-273227684.thumb.jpg.a94c2291b01a17efb904a1403de7290e.jpg</div>