Should I keep my Mamiya RZ67 Pro II

jhnyguitar

<p><strong>Paul</strong> and <strong>Thomas</strong> you are both <strong>absolutely crazy</strong> to even consider selling such great kits. Forget what the current market value is telling you subconsciously that your gear is nearly worthless. The Mamiya RZ/RB represent the pinnacle of design and performance for silver halide photography. As someone else said, you will rue the day you let your Mamiya systems go.</p>

• 2 months later...

<p>Spud, those are great shots. The resolution and colour are wonderful.<br>

I am relatively new to film photography but I do have an RZ and after trying several digital DSLR's and the Zeiss rangefinder it's time to drag out the RZ. Maybe I've become a pixel peeper but the resolution with these other set ups is obviously not there and it makes me crazy.<br>

I do have a problem with focusing the RZ though. While there is a learning curve, can anyone comment on the Prism Finders. How much does it help? Which one to get? Also, has anyone attached a digi back to the RZ?</p>

<p>A 16mp H20 digital back just sold for $1200 on Ebay, with RZ adapter. DIRT CHEAP! I'd have bid higher if I didn't already have the H10, which is almost as good considering the rotating back.</p>

<p>The setup is cumbersome, and quite difficult to use as I mentioned above. But it's a fun add-on that makes studio shots a BIT easier to use in some aspects than putting the same back on my 645AF.</p>

<p>Prism Finders actually make it harder to focus, compared to the WLF. I have a magnifier which helps.</p>

<p>I just read a link on how to microadjust the focusing screen using the digital back, and I'll try it. Perhaps I can blame my lack of keepers on the hardware and not on me. ;-)</p>

<p><a href="http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23079&st=40" target="_blank">http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23079&st=40</a></p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>Thanks Gregory, very helpfull. I will look into the H20. In the meantime, I am picking up RZ film from the lab tomorrow. Not sure what I will get back, but it was great to photograph with the old RZ. Really feels like true photography. Also, instead of selling the RZ I plan to sell the Zeiss Ikon rangefinder. Happy shooting!</p>