Picasa to photo.net - "How To"

ussorca

<p>Would someone kindly be good enough to guide me through the steps I need to take to move some of my photos from Picasa to photo.net? Seems it should be easy, but I'm stumped. Detail would be appreciated, as I sometimes overlook the obvious. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Are you talking about images hosted by Google within their Picassa gallery system, or images you have on your local hard drive, that you used a local installation of the Picassa software to edit?<br /><br />If it's a file you display by using your web browser (when surfing to an online Picassa gallery), just display the image on your browser, right-click on it and save a local copy in a folder you'll remember (you don't tell us what computer operating system you're using, so I can't be more specific). Then, when you go to add an image to your PN gallery, just browse to that same folder when you choose to upload the file.</p>

<p>Charles,<br>

I use Picasa and choose the shots I want to post and hold (click the pushpin icon) them in the selection tray. Then I export them all (using the export icon) - resized for posting - to my desktop. I load to Photo.net from there and then delete the folder from the desktop. That way, I'm keeping the original size of the photo so I can play with it more and not loading up my hard drive with the same photo saved in different sizes.</p>

<p>Matt & Diane, thank you both for your replies. Diane, as a user, I may single you out with more questions. Matt, do you ever put on training sessions or workshops? If you do, please let me know. By the way, my OS is Windows XP.</p>