A backup body for 5D

nguyen_son2

<p>I have a 5D with 16-35L and 70-200L but you know it takes time to change between 2 lens for different situation. One more reason that 5D's focus is so bad in low light without flash. I also need a body with good weather shield. <br>

<br />Now i have about $1600 for a backup body. And appears in my mind are 7D and 1Dmk IIN.<br>

Can you guys give me some advice ? </p>

<p>My opinion is, if you get a crop sensor camera then you have created another problem. with the 16-35 you will end up losing the wide angle effect and with the 70-200 you will have to much reach and still want to change lens.<br>

My personal option (I own the 5D as well ) is to either get another 5d which you don't want for good reasons or get the 5D II which is over budget.</p>

<p>i had thought about the 5d mkII but many people complain about its focus system.Not so much better than the MkI.So I don't think 5dMk II would be a good choice.btw i really NEED 2 bodies for 2 lenses<br>

1ds mkII in VietNam is still around 2500. At that price i prefer the 1d MkIII but actually cant afford more than 1600<br>

please help me friends <br>

Can you compare the color, constrast, ... between 7D and 1D mkIIN ?</p>

<p>Backup?<br>

I'd advise against getting into a pro system whose batteries weight nearly as much as your 5d! <br>

Seriously, if a backup is really what you're after, why not find a mint 40D and a nice APS-C lens? Easily fits your budget and actually brings some versatility to the table. But really, a pro body as a backup? I just don't get it... Living with the two totally dissimilar menu systems/interfaces is more than enough to drive you crazy...</p>

<p>I have always tried to keep things standardized because I find it too easy to confuse my small brain and even easier to confuse newbie assistants. When I shot with 5D's I used a 30D for a backup. They are identical in button layout, functions (- a few CF's) and take the same batteries. If you went that route you could keep about $1200 in your pocket.</p>