Dream Photography Project

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I would set out to document the disappearing coastal villages of Newfoundland. Many of these villages can only be reached by boat. To save infrastructure costs, the government is moving the population to more accessible areas. I would like to "save" images of these villages for future generations.</p><div>00VY2m-211805584.JPG.f016b9c0fcea51fb800104086c699ca8.JPG</div>

<p>$10k is a lot to travel on and if you know how to do it you can make it last for quite awhile so I would say how about an around the world trip?<br>

I would like to snap all non standard places on it the map, really make your photos show something that hasn't been shot before (I'm sure they all have been shot but maybe not as much as the next place).</p>

<p>Wow, I'd like to start my travel in Amersterdam and photograph the canals and unique building structures, then head south threw Europe and capturing everything from floral, macro photographs to working with the exotic models of Europe. I've always been fascinated with the continent and beauty of the countryside. From mustard farms of southern Germany to the profound Black forest. Europe is absolutely beautiful in the winter time.<br>

I'd prefer winter and spring for my Scenic photography and then end my trip in the South of France, Cannes or Nice to work with the talented and beautiful models and beaches with the glorious sunsets. Also heading east toward Italy to capture the unique architecture of the sunny countryside and small villages and alluring charm of the unique floral settings surrounding them.<br>

The best thing about this trip is I don't need a large kit to work with. Camera's with just a few select lenses and accessories, reflectors, tripod and maybe lights if I were to work with models. I'm used to working with what I have, so asking me to pick from a closet full of equipment would probably overwhelm me.<br>

Ah... but c'est la vie.. it's just a dream.<br>

R. Preston </p>

<p>Wow, I'd like to start my travel in Amersterdam and photograph the canals and unique building structures, then head south threw Europe and capturing everything from floral, macro photographs to working with the exotic models of Europe. I've always been fascinated with the continent and beauty of the countryside. From mustard farms of southern Germany to the profound Black forest. Europe is absolutely beautiful in the winter time.<br>

I'd prefer winter and spring for my Scenic photography and then end my trip in the South of France, Cannes or Nice to work with the talented and beautiful models and beaches with the glorious sunsets. Also heading east toward Italy to capture the unique architecture of the sunny countryside and small villages and alluring charm of the unique floral settings surrounding them.<br>

The best thing about this trip is I don't need a large kit to work with. Camera's with just a few select lenses and accessories, reflectors, tripod and maybe lights if I were to work with models. I'm used to working with what I have, so asking me to pick from a closet full of equipment would probably overwhelm me.<br>

Ah... but c'est la vie.. it's just a dream.<br>

R. Preston </p>

<p>Hej!<br>

OM, jag skulle få chansen till detta fantastiska pris så skulle jag hem vilja resa till Lappland, över till Nordnorge och till norra Finland för att dokumentera våra samers liv år 2010. Följa med på deras arbete, jakt och fiske. Utrustningen en Nikon D3 med lämpliga objektiv skulle sitta fint. Ha en fin fortsättning på 2010<br>

Bernt O'Johan Järnepalm<br>

PS: Ring mig och berätta När jag Skall åka</p>

<p>Hej!<br>

OM, jag skulle få chansen till detta fantastiska pris så skulle jag hem vilja resa till Lappland, över till Nordnorge och till norra Finland för att dokumentera våra samers liv år 2010. Följa med på deras arbete, jakt och fiske. Utrustningen en Nikon D3 med lämpliga objektiv skulle sitta fint. Ha en fin fortsättning på 2010<br>

Bernt O'Johan Järnepalm<br>

PS: Ring mig och berätta När jag Skall åka</p>

<p>I would continue the My Life Project I started last year - <a href="
a series of "final portraits" of hospice patients or terminally ill people to give to families, while bringing awareness to the issue of end-of-life care, only I would take it nationally and set up chapters of the project all over the Country, with other volunteer photographers and participating hospices...</p>

<p>Vanishing traditional cultures/languages/lifestyles threatened by modernization/globalization/assimilation. Remarkably little attention paid to the disappearance of traditional societies globally and/or the loss of languages and oral histories that identified them relative to endangered animal species.</p>

<p>No need to travel to exotic places! I'd use the $10,000 to pay for fuel and daily expenses take the great American tour by road. This is my culture. These are my people. This is the land I know and love. Where could I possibly find anything better to photograph?</p>

<p></p>

<p >Over the last 18 months family and friends have been dropping like flies. Some of these were iconic figures in my life, people that made a difference.</p>

<p >Recently I made a list of 17 people and 12 places, alive or still standing, that were landmarks in my life. I would like to make a road trip and make a dignified portrait of each of these people and places. This road trip would take about 3 ½ weeks and cover a little over 4,500 miles.</p>

<p >Thanks for your consideration,</p>

<p >Ziv</p>

<p>I would love to fly to Malaysia, and use a medium format Leaf/Mamiya camera with a 50 or 60 megapixel back to macro-photograph some of the amazingly beautiful and exotic flowers and insects/small creatures which live in the countryside/jungle of Malaysia.<br>

I saw one macro photo taken by the chap who runs a website for old manual canon 35mm cameras Leo Foo, I think - he is an industrial millionaire, but an excellent photographer, living in Malaysia, and I was so impressed by that, and many of his macro photographs of the woods/jungle flowers, that I wanted to go immediately - but of course, I couldn't afford it. I photograph woodland flowers and scenic views of fishing villages and boats, which we have lots of round here - a summer delight! (Come to think of it, we have some lovely places in Britain which I have not photographed yet, which could do with some loving photographs - I tend to like Joe Cornish type pix - he is a famous and quite local photographer of international acclaim)<br>

I also would love to take the same camera and a selection of lenses to photograph some of the beautiful areas of China - there is some gorgeous scenery there which doesn't see much publicity here in England, and I would just delight in it, and would make the photos available to whoever would like to have them - (same with the Malaysian shots). If your question is not purely academic, and there is even a faint chance someone is thinking of actually making this a reality for a lucky photographer, please put my name down as a keen candidate.<br>

Hmm! - there is Utah, of course - some wonderful scenery there, especially off the beaten track - actually, most places in the world have some lovely areas, and I delight in being in the beautiful outdoors almost wherever I am. The light on the picture can make or break the shot, I feel, and the timing of the shot, and the attention to the light qualities can really make a huge difference between a very nice shot, and an unforgettable feast of an image. Happy is the photographer who can use the light to carefully extract the best qualities of a scene or a person in a portrait - I love to photograph people too - use to drive my family mad, but got some lovely shots of them through the years<br>

PS. Can I keep the camera gear after the trip, please, please, pretty please?</p>

<p>I would go to Yosemite National Park (Never been to California) with my family and spend about a week photographing some of the most beautiful and tranquil sites I have ever seen from photos, only I would get to photograph them the way I would like to see them. I may have to make a quick stop in San Fran to get a portrait with the Golden Gate as a backdrop. I do love bridges.</p>

<p>U.S. roadtrip. My father travelled a lot when i was a kid, and he had a distinct and purposeful habit of staying in weirdo motels when he could easily have afforded fancier accommodations. He also made a habit of keeping his room key from every single place he stayed. After he died we discovered a red metal toolbox full of over 200 keys from all these places. I've kept them for years, and intend to one day drive across the country to return them all in person. I will use his Yashica Mat (my first 'real' camera) to document the adventure.</p>

<p>I loved reading everyone else's responses. My dream trip would be unrelated to the "equipment in the closet" as I still shoot film (being a dinosaur!) and have most all the equipment I would want. I would do people shots where ever the news would take me. Haiti to shoot people at their best, Iran to see people making a difference, or any where where change is taking place. Other than that I would be documenting architecture anywhere in the world.</p>

<p>I would ask to be blindfolded and put on a plane whose destination would be revealed only when I deplaned. My photo gear would fit in carry-on, no matter where I was going or what I was photographing. When do I get to collect my $10k worth and go?</p>

<p>I'm going to do this in April, but driving...can't stand to fly anymore. I'll pack a couple of Canon digitals, my Rollei 3.5F, maybe even the Fuji GW670III the Pentax 67II and a Fuji J38 for out the window or sunroof shots and head for the US Southwest. Monument Valley, Mexican Hat, Moab, Capitol Reef, San Rafael Swell, Goblin Valley and anything in between is on the see-it-while-it's-still-there agenda. See an old friend in the Boulder, CO area.</p>

<p>Sure is a great way to shake off the cabin fever from winter and boost the film business while I'm at it!</p>

<p>I'd first choose a VERY good digital camera and lenses to be able to photograph the tiniest creature to the biggest landscape. With all that money I think I would start by travelling and photographing my beautiful small country (Portugal) and then choose other countries like Cambodja, Patagonia for sure, the remote and still almost unknown parts of India, venture into some country in the Pacifi Ocean (Palau, for example). Oh, let's not forget a Transsiberian trip. I'm not sure I could squeeze all this in a round trip flight. I don't think a trip should have one photography-related project only to focus on. Why not people and monuments ; or all sorts of landscapes ; or animals and flowers ; or traditional culture of a country and its people ? I have all the time in the world to do all this. The only little detail I don't have is money and a really good camera.<br>

Thanks for your time.<br>

Bye for now<br>

Maria Silva</p>