Digilux not linking properly to Sandmatch v. 3

kill muff

<p>Whatever happened to the classic Leica digital bodies? I am trying to figure out an old problem I was having like 10 years ago with my classic Digilux. Every time I hook up a Sandmatch interface to I/O in my new Digilux 3, I notice I am able to squeeze an extra 0.451 effective mega-pixles from the camera's main board. The software didn't work as well for my oldie Digilux 1 as it got wiped every time I booted the flow transistor. And plus there is more apparent noise in the shadows when exposed to 60 pmt gradient. I have to lug this contraption every time I go traveling. Any ideas of how to cut down on the weight of the rig?</p>

<p>Raffy, sensors typically have more pixels then stated on the manufactures specifications. This is often due to the mechanical tolerances of aligning the lens and shutter with the image sensor. Pixals near the edge of the senor might not recieve any light or are ignored by the cameras regular software for various reasons. Additionally some of the pixals may be devoted to special task such are video or exposure sensing and not used when the final image is created. </p>

<p>It sounds as if you are trying to "hot rod" the camera with special software. Why? Current cameras are very good, especially if you get one that is optimized for your task. What type of photography are you doing? </p>

<blockquote>

<p>The software didn't work as well for my oldie Digilux 1 as it got wiped every time I booted the flow transistor</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Please get your software and engineering terms correct. A transistor is an electrically controlled on off device. You cannot "boot" a transistor. Mixing software and hardware terms makes your post very confusing. </p>

<p>Camera manufactures don't post information on how their software works. So it is not surprising that software that does work with your old camera will not work with a new one. Photo.net is not an engineering, software, or Leica web site so it is doubtful anyone here can answer your quesiton</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Whatever happened to the classic Leica digital bodies? I am trying to figure out an old problem I was having like 10 years ago with my classic Digilux... </p>

</blockquote>

<p>Don't post if you are drunk or high or too full of B.S.</p>