Sacrilege?

<p>Does any R user here occasionally use the Tamron SP 90mm 2.5 (or other variation thereof) on his/her R camera? If so, could you post some photo's please. Have recently picked one up real cheap and in very good condition. Also it came with the relevant adapter. PS couldn't quite afford to purchase the Leica 60 or 100 macros in any of their guises although I have used the 100 occasionally - borrowed. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>I occasionally use it on my Leicaflex SL and R8. I found inconsistent TTL metering, but other than that, it works fine. Sorry, no photos to post with the Leica, as they're stored in a box and I'm too lazy to set up my scanner. Actually, I've used the lens more on non-Leica cameras. Let's just say the results match my Nikon 105/2.8 Micro, and come close, but not quite match my Kiron 105/2.5.</p>

<p>I have used the following on my Leicaflex SL (the Adaptall adapter is hard to find and is marked for use with Leicaflex SL): 17mm f3.5/ 24 f2.5/ 28 f2.5/ 90mm f2.5 and zooms 24 to 48/ 35 to 70.....all work well on Leica Reflex...one surprising lens was Vivitar 24mm f2.8 in TX-T4 mount to fit Leicaflex was very sharp.<br>

The only Leica lenses I have and use with the Leicaflex SL are 50mm Summicron f2 and 90 f2.8 Elmarit, hope this helps in your decision.<br>

By the way, I am a fan of earlier Tamrons marked BBAR models for the build and image quality using them on Nikon and Leicaflex as well as Fuji DSLR.</p>

<p>Of course, macro photos from a Tamron SP 90mm on a Leica will not look any different to those taken with it on another make of camera. There are thousands of great images on the web taken with all versions of that lens. It's a really excellent lens, as you will find out..</p>

<p>For non-macro photography I prefer to use a non-macro lens: infinity performance can often be a <em>weeny </em> bit better. And it's not uncommon to find a late model Elmarit-R 90mm f2.8 (even a Summicron 90mm f2, if you're lucky) in <em>very good</em> condition for only 20% more (£$) than a late version Tamron 90mm f2.8. For macro the Tamron out-performs these two Leica lenses in my experience..</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Paul,</p>

<p>you mentioned a couple of things which interests me, I have a SL:<br>

* Tamron Adapter, I believed there were 2 of which the earlier version worked specifically for the Flex, SL and SL2. I found this on the B&H site, could this be the one ?<br>

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800659959-USE/Tamron_C21300_Adaptall_Mount_for_Leica.html</p>

<p>* I saw a Vivitar wide-angled lens on a SL at my local camera shop a while ago. How does one get Vivitar lens on the SL ? Is it through the T4 adapter for the R lens. I can't seem to find it on Evil-Bay.</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>raytoei</p>

<p> </p>