What is wrong with f22

hjoseph7

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I suggest we all click in here:<br>

<a href="http://www.speedousa.com/home/index.jsp">http://www.speedousa.com/home/index.jsp</a><br>

and take up a collection so we can swiftly provide Lex with a Speedo of appropriate rule-breaking proportions. Only in this manner can shrubbers resume their usual preoccupation with landscape arrangements.</p>

<p>Someone correct me if I'm wrong (my family picked the wrong side of the conflict in the '45, and we've been coming down on the wrong side of the fence ever since - most notably and expensively the Civil War), but doesn't the contrast and overall key of the scene play a part in the notceability of the diffraction? I seem to be thinking that higher key circumstances haven't brought this effect to light (no pun intended but gracefully accepted nonetheless) as dramatically as low key lighting, where the 'fuzziness' stands out plainly against a dark background. Or does it not matter that this is all about trolls? How can a 5+ year Pnetter be a troll? Does he provide us with trollhouse cookies for the holidays? I'm hungry again, time to go see what got left behind in the fridge.</p>

<p>Flashes below $500 have a tendency to enhance diffraction. Harry should probably give up on f/stops below 11.</p>

<p>Lex, you gonna be a speedo Shirley for the diffraction argument? </p>

<p>"At f/22 we have a longer depth of field, but we're just not seeing his body hair with the sharpness we expect from this ABC 5Q MCVIII with Infinite Reduction lens." The only way we can understand the technical explanation will be with 64 pictures of Lex in a speedo at various EVs. </p>

<p>Whether F22 is totallly great; fair ;or horrible depends on how much the image is enlarged.<br>

In a PRO application; their is an actual client; and actual job; thus the parameters/variables get boxed in and the one can see.figure what works.<br>

In Amateur work; folks want this global Black and white answer; to a complex question; thus they are confused.<br>

F22 works fine with moderate enlargements. Thus our process cameras usage if F22 worked well; we only did 4X to 5X enlargements max. Thus it is rally not a format issue; but one of application. One might be only making 5x7 prints from 35mm as a max for a client; and F22 is as sharp as F16 in the final print.</p>