Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #46

jose_angel

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I took this photo at the Minneapolis Art Institute. They did not allow me to use my monopod with out a permit. Tripods and monopods are the same thing to them. Odd, I can get a tripod permit and they say it takes about 3 days to get approved. And I must put a specific time and date to be there. But that hardly seemed worth the effort for monopod. Does anybody have some insight into the mentality of museum security? Do they do criminal checks for people with tripods or monopods and put into a database of known monopod felons? Are they afraid somebody might get a good picture of their displays? Will they outlaw high ISO cameras in museums someday? Anyway, I used my Nikkor-Micro 55mm AIS at f2.8 and 1/60<sup>th</sup> of sec. ISO 800. That’s about as longest shutter speed I can do with out camera shake. The images I got were underexposed but I photoshopped some light into them.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Uz53-189613584.thumb.jpg.1ee0415ab1c171118148a89a92f94b4b.jpg</div>

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>Am on a crazy itinerary of work travel and away from my hard drive and archive of images, so haven't posted in a couple of weeks.</p>

<p>However sometimes when I have these periods of being just an observer I find this thread doubly amazing. So wonderful to 'check in' each Wednesday/Thursday and see the latest works from old and new photo.net friends.</p>

<p>Anyway from this week's offerings, as usual it was hard to pick some special selections but I can't go without particularly recognising the postings of Sanford, Hamish, Lil, Murali, Carey, and Tiffany which really spoke to me.</p>

<p>Cheers</p>

<p>PS: Like some others of late I have changed my photo.net name to make myself slightly less visible on google etc. I am Bernard (from Sydney) who has been around the Nikon forum for a while.</p>