Complete Lack of Ratings

<p>This is not a whinge about the level of ratings I've been getting, it's a whinge about the complete lack of ratings... I don't post every day, or even every week, because I generally don't have time to to take photos every week, but whatever photos i have posted have usually had at least one rating, usually a lot more. Out of the last 8 photos I have posted, only 3 have had any rating at all. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I doing something wrong? I don't think the last lot of photos I have posted have been any worse than usual - I would go so far as to say that a couple of them I'm very proud of. </p>

<p>Any ideas what I can do to change this?</p>

<p>I suppose there's nothing you can do about it. It helps to be on other people's "I'm kinda interested in your photos" lists, but if you're like me and this hasn't happened and probably never will, then I guess we're stuck with no ratings and no critiques for a while. It's such a high volume site; while that's an advantage in some respects it's also a huge disadvantage for those wanting some honest critique when so few are willing to give it.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>At the time Lex and Josh thought it was a good idea. Never heard about it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No offense, but there are LOTS of things that I think might be a good idea. I do the best I can, but there are only so many hours in the day.</p>

<p>Can I say that this correlates to the change made where a photo is there ... it disappears ... and returns at another time.</p>

<p>It used to be that ratings were hit & miss depending on the timing. Now they are more miss. It sounded like a way to get a photo viewed at multiple times, but the complaining is much worse since then. That's when I started the 0 comments/rating 1 view type of results.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Hi Helen I've been a PN member just a few years but it that time I've noticed a large drop in the number of views each image gets. Shots put forward to be rated have dropped from middle hundreds to 60 - 80 not just my work but many others it's easy to check look at your own shots. With this in mind then less people looking then less people rating. Some shots will allways buck the trend like nudes, these attract more views that most other subjects, I don't know why.</p>