I need a Booth! HELP

rod_melotte

<p>I know that is the wrong category but could not find an appropriate one.<br>

I've been doing quite well selling Gallery Wrapped canvas images and being forced to actually keep track of things for the IRS and with a few images going into the top dogs office in State Government. (Just to give you an idea when I'm excited). I'm having a very good year for a guy not really trying.<br>

ANYWAY -<br>

I was just invited to be in a art fair and they said they would tape off an area where I could put my booth. <br>

As I was wiping up the coffee that had just come out my nose and trying to sound intelligent I realize I have no booth, know nothing about booths or even how to make one. <br>

Is there some place on the web that explains good booth constructions? I want to do this but I need hanging space.</p>

<p>Thanks<br>

Rod</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Where is the fair? Will they even provide pipe and drape for you? Are they going to give you a table? Let's assume you'll have an average 6 x 2.5 foot folding table. You can get a drape that will cover the table with your logo/name on the front and with some tabletop easels you can pick up at any Michael's, you can hold up some of your work.You can get a popup background, banner displays, etc. Depends on what you want to spend. Trade show stuff is expensive. Here's some leads you can check.</p>

<p>http://www.camelbackdisplays.com/<br>

http://www.displayit.com/?gclid=CNGOiMap250CFaM45Qod9RLGyQ<br>

http://www.akioe.com/index.html</p>

<p>Thanks Rich - this is something I have said "I should do that" but have not REALLY thought about the logistics! It's not a big event at all - probably more like jewelry and things under $35. It would be more advertising for me and just getting "me" out there. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I did just that sort of thing a couple of weeks ago at a local Oktoberfest, Rod. On the wise advice of PN member John O'keefe-Odom (see <strong><a href="../business-photography-forum/00UR1f">this thread</a></strong>), I opted for 2x6' steel grid wall sections (about $15 each, plus some shipping). He makes his free-standing, but I joined mine together in a zig-zag pattern. I then hung the framed work from the grid using small utility carabiners. I put up a small four-foot table in front of it to show some smaller works and to provide business cards, etc.<br /><br />This was strictly a showing-off exercise, designed to generate some conversations with prospective customers. I wasn't there to sell prints, per se. Below is a shot of my 10x10 canopy out on the street for the event.</p>

<p>I wish you the best - It is fun and always trial and error in the beginning. I used to do 'booths' for another company I owned (not a photog one), and it was also a ton of fun!</p>

<p>Don't forget your Biz Cards. And perhaps even an email signup to create your own marketing database...</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>If you're a do-it-yourselfer, go to a home store and purchase some hollow core interior doors and a set of hinges for each door. Paint the doors however you'd like (sponging or other multi-color applications will hide fingerprints, etc.) and hinge the doors accordian style. You'll be able to fold up the entire display and slide it into an SUV or hatch or station wagon, etc. You'll be able to mount lights on top if you'd like and you won't have distractions while viewing as it's a solid surface. You can use regular picture hooks, but you'll need to remove them when transporting the display. It's not very expensive, but very rich looking...-Aimee</p>

<p>Great ideas - I have business cards - had a display in a Starbucks and 120 cards were taken, it's been 4 weeks but I've gotten 6 calls for, I guess you could call them assignments" from some pretty exciting projects from . . . . movers and shakers.<br>

.<br>

Starbucks was the first time I've had . non-internet strangers look at my "live" work.</p>