copy and paste photos from computer to sd card

audrey_giles

<p><strong>I have a Cannon PowerShot SD600 Digital Elph camera, my sister has a Kodak Easy Share. My problem is: I can take her SD card, put it in my computer, bring up Windows Live Photo Gallery, select certain pictures, right click on Copy, then go to Start, then Computer, then highlight SD card, right click Paste, then my pictures from my camera that are on my computer will be on her sd card, she can look at them on her camera, take them and print them, etc. Now, when I take her sd card, put her pictures on my computer in Live Photo Gallery, I can copy and paste them to my sd card, but cannot view them in my camera. It tells me "no image" for that sd card! But if I put sd card back in computer, bring up Computer, then SD card, it shows them on my computer! So they are on the SD card, but for some reason, my camera won't let me view them. Any suggestions???</strong></p>

<p>The reason is, Canon only reads image files that the camera produced. If you modify the files (even the ones your camera recorded) in any way, then the camera won't display them.</p>

<p>You will need to use the Canon Zoombrowser software (that came with your camera) to transfer photos from your computer to your camera for viewing on your camera. </p>

<p>It's under "Acquire & Camera Settings" and is called "Transfer Images to Memory Card" (at least in my version of Zoombrowser, which may not be the latest and greatest)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I don't have a camera like that but it is conceivable that if you put the pictures properly named into folders according to canon's file & folder naming convention it *might* work but it may be even tougher than that.</p>

<p>I'm not sure why this would be worth the trouble unless you're hoping to use your camera as portable picture viewer/library.</p>

<p>Hmm...Try dumping them not just into the basic directory of the SD card but drop them into the specific folder of the SD card where your camera stores the photos you take with your camera. But, as stated aboce, if the files have had their names changed (from IMG_0004 to IMG_0004revised), they may not work even in the correct directory and, furthermore, if the file names are not similar to the Canon filenames (e.g. IMG_0004) your camera may not recognize them. I have fiound this process, by the way, to be hit or miss.</p>

<p>Wow, you had me going. Anyway, I just tried it with my 30D and had no difficulty as long as I dump it from the computer into the an image directory (i.e. go to DCIM and then into the subdirectory where the images are such as 238Canon) on the CF card. I think it also worked on the Xsi with the SD card I used to have and I'm sure it worked with the CF card and the Xti I used to have. Possibly going from files from different manufacturers and/or different types of cards might not work.</p>

<p>Looks like Rob hit the nail on the head. When I try to transfer a file created from the 40D (even a non-modified file) to a CF card and then put it in my 30D, it does not show up on the LCD in the 30D etc. But if I take an older 30D file on the computer on put it onto the CF card, then it does show up on the LCD on the 30D (not that that process serves any useful purpose...)</p>