7D Availability

c jensen

<p>I received a call from Norman Cameras in Grand Rapids, MI Friday afternoon. I had asked them to call as soon as a 7D would be available because I wanted it for a trip to Africa next week. They said that Canon had shipped on Friday, and that they expected delivery on Monday or Tuesday. Even better if I paid for it now, I would have the first one that arrived. I paid, and expect to get it as early as Monday afternoon. </p>

<p>I received a call from Norman Cameras in Grand Rapids, MI Friday afternoon. I had asked them to call as soon as a 7D would be available because I wanted it for a trip to Africa next week. They said that Canon had shipped on Friday, and that they expected delivery on Monday or Tuesday. Even better if I paid for it now, I would have the first one that arrived. I paid, and expect to get it as early as Monday afternoon. </p>

<p>I placed an order on B&H photo website, they are accepting orders which means they will have the camera in stock shortly. Since this is a new camera it is better to buy from reputable dealers with hassle-free return policy just in case there bugs/issues with early models.</p>

<p>Norman Camera in Kalamazoo is receiving 60 7D bodies today. I was there on Friday (Canon on the road training session) and again on Saturday for prints. Of the 60 coming in today, 54 (as of Sat) were already paid for. I was on the list, but bought a 5dii instead of the 7D. I will wait to hear the feedback from real world use on the 7D before I decide if I will replace my 50D (less than 2 months old) with the 7D.</p>