Jobo Autolab 800 ERROR "Chem distr faulty"

<p>Since a few weeks, I get the error message that the chemical distribution of my Autolab 800 is faulty.<br>

I can ignore the message and continue to develop film. No problem there. But the waste water of the developer is not separated anymore - it is flushed out with the normal waste water. The stop and fixer are still separated in waste tanks.</p>

<p>Well, I do like the environment and would like to repair the chemical distribution valve so it also separates the developer again. <strong>Does anyone have a repair manual or technical drawings of the machine?!</strong></p>

<p>I do have a second ATL 800 for spare parts. I just need to know where to find the parts in the machine and the sequence of taking it apart. And even more importantly, putting it back together....</p>

<p>Thanks! Dennis</p>

<p><strong>Chemical Stock</strong> </p>

<blockquote>

<p><strong>•</strong> Did I use the correct chemicals for this film or paper?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Is the chemical past its expiration date?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Was it properly stored?</p>

</blockquote>

<p><strong>Chemical Mix</strong> </p>

<blockquote>

<p><strong>•</strong> Dilution correct?<br>

<strong>•</strong> All components mixed in proper order?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Stirred after each component added?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Used all the proper components for each solution?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Mixed at the proper temperature?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Used at the proper temperature?</p>

</blockquote>

<p><strong>Mixing Contamination</strong> </p>

<blockquote>

<p><strong>•</strong> The graduates or mixing vessels thoroughly washed between the mixing of each step?<br>

<strong>•</strong> The bottles used for storage thoroughly cleaned before using?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Water rinse was run through the JOBO Lift after the last process to clean the lift?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Drum or tank rinsed after the last process?<br>

<strong>•</strong> Drum or tank dried before use?</p>

</blockquote>

<p><strong>Mixed Chemicals</strong> <strong>Impaired</strong> </p>

<blockquote>

<p><strong>•</strong> Stored properly? (There should be as little air as possible over the developer in the storage bottle. It is best if the bottle is full to the brim with no air space.)<br>

<strong>•</strong> Stored too long? (Date the bottle of chemical when mixed, to know how old it is when used.)<br>

<strong>•</strong> Used in the correct order?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I have a ATL 2000 and a 2300 and had the exact same error message on one of my machines a couple of months ago. I'm not sure how interchangable the info on these machines are with an 800. In the case of my machine i had to dismantle it and find the problem. This turned out to be that a little magnet on a turning cog that lines up with a little sensor had broken off. I couldn't get the part so I used apoxy...so far so good.</p>

<p>Anyway...I'm not sure if this helps you at all but I do have a contact...well sorta..There's a guy that repairs these things in California named Scott Tamiguchi at Image Tech. He will likely be your savior.<br>

The number is 510 238 8905</p>

<p>Here is also the number for Omega who bought the ATL parts line. 800 777 6634</p>

<p>All the best<br>

Greg Miller<br>

Film Rescue International<br>

www.filmresuce.com</p>

<p>Hi Greg,</p>

<p>That is a good tip!</p>

<p>The sensor, is it near the outlet valve or near the processor? In my machine, these two are clearly separated. The valve is near the bottom of the machine and the processor near the side or back / depending how you look at it....</p>

<p>Dennis</p>